Anyone tried any BeamShapers with Surefire U2 ???

jtice

Flashaholic
Was lookind at Surefires site today, and saw that they have a beam shaper that fits the U2.
Has anyone tried this yet? Would be a nice opiton to have a pur flood beam.

They look rather large and clunky though.

Are the lens in them replacable, swappable?

thanks
~John

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have the FM64 beamshaper. I usually use it as a lens protector for my U2 when I throw it in a duffel bag or something. I don't feel like it does much useful to the beam, since the U2 already has a decent flood.

I might like it a bit better were it not so bulky on the U2 - a more petite slip-on like the FO4 for the 1" bezels would be more to my liking.

AlecGold

Enlightened
I don't use the FM64 on the U2, just like wasBlinded said: it already has a nice flood.
But I do use a red filter on it. because it is a led it only gives minimal amounts of red light, but it preserves my night vision very well and it is also a lensprotector.

Flashdark

Enlightened
jtice,

The FM-64 is expensive and bulky but effective and the best quality by far. I have a beam-shaper on every Surefire I own. However, if the object is EDC and therefore slimmest possible profile, the F-70 (tip-off) for the 1.47" heads is much slimmer, somewhat cheaper, and accomplishes exactly the same thing - protection for the lense, flood option, and quick tip-off. They are somewhat hard to find. Try LPS Tactical (lagger-pro.com). Wayne Lagger has helped me many times in the past.

Hope this helps.

jtice

Flashaholic
thanks guys !

yea, they are very bulky, i just wondered how much they would effect the already floody beam.

i will probably find somethign cheaper to use to protect it, like lens film.