Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll get right to the point..

Where are they made?
Runtime on the High setting (60GT)?
Where can I see beamshots?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
USA

20 mins on max,(stated in the basic manual) i own a basic 60 and have been getting more about 30'ish some times.

the HDS threads in manufactor's corner has a few. very nice reflectored beam, tight and far throwing, plus good spill.

MY basic 60 is the light I carry now for everything. VDG

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dog - you also get 5 hours on Primary if you prefer, or a week on Minimum if you are trapped in the trunk of a mobster's Caddy. If you are going to be using 60 lumen for more than 20 minutes a day, you may need a different light. We can pick 2 out of 3: very small, very bright, or long runtime. HDS went with the first two. Nothing very bright with long runtime will be the size of your big toe like an HDS.

Of course, R123 batteries greatly mitigate the runtime issues. Stick a new rechargeable in as needed and runtime is not really a consideration. JMO. I change mine about once a week just for giggles.

best regards
me

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
KDOG3 said:
20 minutes? Thats' terrble for a $200 light! I guess I'll pass...

[/ QUOTE ]

Much much longer runtime at the 10 lumen setting, and still PLENTY of light to navigate a around.

Then, there are the two lowest settings that run almost forever...

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
noodle is right on the mark 200 dollar's (well for me 160 for the basic 60,people seem to always round up when ranting) is getting you a light that small in size, and has power and beam quality 2nd to none.I too use li ion's too
so it's not even a factor to run it Hot. VDG

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's wrong with 20 minutes on high? It only eats 1 battery not 6. Quite a few high output lights only get 20 minutes on full blast. But they are sure not as small as HDS's little gem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Works on rechargeable 123 as well- buy once, use a lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif