• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS modified 190lm red/orange 2AA Costco light SOLD

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here for sale is a Costco 2xAA light that I have modified with a 190lumen G2H red/orange LuxIII star, a S027XA reflector, a 1mm thick 31.5mm mineral glass window and have added thermal compound to the "can" to conduct the heat away from the LED and into the aluminum body.

DSC02136.JPG

DSC02145.JPG

DSC02147.JPG

beamshots.jpg

Beamshots were about 30" from the wall. As you can see this light throws a fireball. It draws right around 2 amps from the pair of AA batteries so I imagine its getting about 1.4 to the LED.

Price reduced to $35 shipped in the US.

Trades would be considered.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS modified 190lm red/orange 2xAA Costco light

BTW this light has been flashed in my eyes several times all in the name of experiment. It left me blind like no other flashlight ever has.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes the factory lanyard comes with it. No the original batteries do not, but I will include a fresh 4pack of alkalines. I also have a nylon sheath from another light that seems to fit it fairly well, this will be included also.

PayPal, Cash, Check, Money Order

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Also, the yellow/orange center of the beam is not really there, its the camera causing it.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Indeed it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Heck, I'll even include a spare mineral glass incase you break the one thats in it.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can the light use nimh cells? What is the current draw using nimh?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Really neat!!! Does the 27mm focus perfectly or did it have to be spaced from the emitter for tightest focus? (since these dies are different than Whites) Can the stock circuit handle that amperage through it?

Sorry for all the questions! This is the first modded light I've seen posted with the new LuxIII R/O!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice Chevro - so is this is running DD - no regulation at all, from 2 x AA ?, or is there still a stock circuit trying to boost the 2 x AA to the original Vf of the white ?

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Phaserburn, yes, it can be run with nimh cells, but I do not have any to test with.

IsaacHayes, it seems to focus it pretty well at the standard distance, however due to being a smooth reflector and the interesting * shaped wires ontop of the die it casts a slightly noticeable image of the wires, which says to me that it is focussed very well. The stock circuit does seem to be able to handle the load very well, and the added thermal compound makes the body get quite hot if you arent holding the light which says to me that its doing its job.

HarryN, it is not DD, but it is also not regulated since it uses the stock boost circuit. the original Vf of the white star that was in it was a QYAH and the new star is a G2H so the Vf should be the same, right?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yikes!
That is some serious output.
Wilkey

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

As there nobody thats interested in this? Is my price too high?! I'd hope not considering what it cost me to build... At this price I'm only making a couple dollars for my effort.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

i'd be interested if i wasn't already trying to get someon to mod my Streamlight 3AA Tasklight(not twintask) with a Red/Orange Lux III....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

you could always just take the lux back out of this light and put it in my SL 3aa for me and you'd be making some money and also be keeping the costco light to experiment with another mod........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do have another R/O thats not being used right now. I'd be willing to put it in if you want.

DaGunn

Newly Enlightened

Lets see, comes with 4-pack batteries, holster, and spare mineral glass lens.... hmmmm.... for $35 shipped.... Ok, i will take it! PM me the payment address.

Dave

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would if I wasn't poor. As I don't have time either now-a-days to do mods and the price isn't bad. Lots of output from such a small item.

DaGunn if you have NiMH please post and let us know how that works what the current draw is etc. People wanting to do mods like to know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif