Cinco de Mayo!

emrbrtn

Enlightened
Anyone going to do anything special tomorrow? The only cool thing I can think of is it will be 05/05/05.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Putting 05-05-05 on my website will be the most exciting thing I have planned for tomorrow...I know, "get a life", but my website IS my life, so I'll go get that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DarkLight

Enlightened
I am hoping the government finds a way to get the illegals to pay taxes to help pay for all their kids in our schools.

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
Don't forget the medical care,etc.Large companies may find illegals to be a cheap labor bonanza,but the real costs are paid by US. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
In the past few years some local Churches have organized a block party on main street on the weekend closest to the date candy,clowns, music,games stuff like that, all folks are welcome I think its good clean fun. I have not been feeling to good lately so I do not know if something is up this year. If it is I will support it as normal and my Wife and Son will no doubt be in the thick of things helping running games or manning a booth.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

emrbrtn

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DarkLight said:
I am hoping the government finds a way to get the illegals to pay taxes to help pay for all their kids in our schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, that sure would be nice.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I still don't have anything special planned for today, but I did say "happy Cinco de Mayo" to a pharmicist, two store clerks, two bus drivers, and an acquaintance today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This day mourns the loss of Mexico's first shippment of mayonaise when it sank on the Titanic, right? (j/k) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

emrbrtn

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MaxaBaker said:
Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This day mourns the loss of Mexico's first shippment of mayonaise when it sank on the Titanic, right? (j/k) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just have to say, every time I hear that joke I hate it even more, lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
No offense meant to you though.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell me about it. 6 out of my 8 teachers told me that today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just watched a History Channel (or was it Discovery, either way it was a DSC production) about it. Cool, the cocky French got their butts handed to them by some, in their opinions, inferior Mexicans and natives. Most of the natives from the area were armed with nothing more than machetes, the French weren't prepared for any hand to hand fighting. If the general in command had not been so cocky and ful of himself and French superiority, and had listened to, and waited for, the Mexican general the outcome might have been a bit different. Who knows.