Led christmas light set plug replacement?

elfen1

Newly Enlightened
I had a bad die set of 35 Led Christmas lights they made me chop off the first light and the plug which is a 3amp 125v fused plug. Where would I find this and should I put a resistor in place of the missing Led to reuse the setup? It's just a 2 prong plug with a slide out part with 2 tiny fuses equalling 3 amps. I'm thinking maybe to in line fuses can anyone help solve this problem. All the autoparts stores are rated 250 vac and thats too high of an amp in line anyway. The lower in line mini fuses are 32 v max . PLease help

elfen1

Newly Enlightened
Someone has to help me out with this i know theres an expert out there somewhere!!!

LED-FX

Enlightened
Slightly scary thing about ForeverBright is the dual fuse, one in neutral and one in live.

If the neutral fuse blows but live line one dosent, set is still live even though it dosen`t light. Nasty way of catching the unwary.

The Voltage rating dosen`t matter, 250V fuse will be fine as long as its rated at 3A or less.

Should really use another LED in place of the failed one, as FBs are wired as a series string.

HTH
Adam

elfen1

Newly Enlightened
Do you know what type of led is used in the forever brights?

LED-FX

Enlightened
Its just a standard 5mm with an overmoulded shape, as far as I remember, no resistor.

But will have a look at some FBs have in workshop and confirm.

Adam

elfen1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks is it nichia type or other, could you be more specific . Is it 3.4fv? 120v ac divided by 35 = 3.42 so I just figure thats the voltage of each.

LED-FX

Enlightened
Yup, youv`e got the numbers right, dosen`t need to be a Nichia, somehow doubt the FB original is Nichia..

So any 3/5mm Blue should drop straight in, no resistor.

HTH
Adam

elfen1

Newly Enlightened
Well mine are a new white set. So I was wondering if it was something different. There rather bright is why I wanted to know and since there white....

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
If you need a new plug just go to garage sales or buy a cheap set of lights for $1 that has a similar fused plug. If you cannot get ahold of a replacement LED, it may be ok just to leave out that LED as having one less will make the average LED only go up about .1v which would perhaps be mildly overdriving if even that. If you have an AC ammeter you could measure the current going through the string with 34 LEDs in it.

bitbyte

Newly Enlightened
Amps are Amps are Amps... the voltage ratings on the fuses you mentioned are irrelevant in this application as it only references the amount of voltage differential the fuse can withstand without arcing internally.

Hope this helps.