• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Someone replace Lux in my SL 3aa Tasklight*FOUND*

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
All this talk of colored LED's/Luxeons has got me itching to have the LD 1-watt replaced with either a Red-Orange or a Royal Blue/Blue. I would like for the light to be usable but am not worried about color rendition. Kinda looking for a real bright attention getter but yet want to keep a smooth beam. Would anyone be willing to do this for me? preferably someone that already has the luxeon to put in. You could either keep the LD as partial on payment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif or just return it to me with the light and i could use it as a tester to practice soldering on my own finally /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Any takers?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Someone replace Lux in my SL 3aa Tasklight 4me

DD off of alkalines should do it. NiMH would likely draw them down too far and damage them (R/O luxIII). A LuxIII RB would be nice with either config. Should be pretty straight forward. I'd love to for ya if I had the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Royal Blue is very cool, but close to 200 lumens of evil red-orange light is very cool too. Kind of depends what your going for. Color or sheer insanity!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Someone replace Lux in my SL 3aa Tasklight 4me

yeah i think im kinda leaning towards red-orange for the sheer lumens output. now just to find someone to do it for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
thnx to 'chevrofreak' for taking me up on this offer. !!

looks like im gonna have me a light saber soon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif