Bird makes off with swiss solar light!

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
So I have a spot in my backyard where I like to charge my skylite/swiss solar light. Gets good sunlight almost all day long. Come home this afternoon, get informed the birds were checking the thing out, squaking, pulling at the lanyard. One of them stole the freaking thing!!! I'm almost sure it was on the 20 second blink, I'm waiting for it to get dark and I'm going out to look in the tree's for it. If I can't find it, some bird is going to have the coolest nest in town. Just hope it knows to face the panel towards the sun!!! I won't rest until I find it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, I have to say that's really {vulgar term for having had intercourse} up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Hope you find it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
When i saw the thread title, I assumed you were a Brit, and it was your GF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif (I do hope you get it back!)

Larry

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bird may be gearing up for nighttime flying. They need the blinking lights now per TSA regulations.

Mark2

Enlightened
"...the coolest nest in town" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

(Maglites do have their advantages...)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Lurker said:
The bird may be gearing up for nighttime flying. They need the blinking lights now per TSA regulations.

[/ QUOTE ]

One can only imagine the story on Surefire.com had the bird filched an A2 Aviator... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
Well, I found it. Badly damaged. Looks like it tried to get the lanyard off the light, perhaps dropped it from height. Big crack in the solar cell, looks like it hit a rock, there's a big chip, and the crack runs from that. I never would have found it without the blink function being on. It still functions, but I doubt it will charge any more. Think they would cover bird hijacking in the warranty? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I really enjoyed my solar light, too.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Just tell them that some bird brain got ahold of the light and damaged it... maybe they will buy that.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry about your light, but the story is pretty funny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Apparently the bird really wanted the lanyard! Maybe he thought it was a worm. It's also very possible that he saw it as an interesting piece of nesting materiall to be woven into a new springtime nest.

Anyway, what kind of solar cell is it? Do you think it's re-solderable or replaceable?

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
The swiss light is pretty well sealed up, I don't think there will be any fixing it. I'm pretty sure he wanted it for nesting material. He just wanted to discard the pesky black thing on the end of it prior to installing it in his nest. Darn birds! I think I need to go pick up some BB's......

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Is the case made out of something ferrous? You could glue one of those supermagnets to a window sill and just stick the flashlight to it when you need to charge it up. It could make for some amusing photos the next time an avian thief stops by...