where to buy uv LED's and a question

PhantomZ

Enlightened
where to buy uv LED\'s and a question

anyone know where i can buy single LED's that are 5mm and 370-380nm? i'm having no luck searching. the sites i went to say mcd but it doesnt say wavelength. the X5 UV is nice but too bad its only 395nm. so maybe i'll have someone make one for me or change the LEDs on the X5 to a lower wavelength.

and a question i have. you know that different uv wavelength will make different things glow differently? example, 395nm will make your teeth have a lighter glow and 370nm will make it glow darker (or vice versa, i'm just using those nm as example cause i dont know for sure). what if i have 3 sets of 2 uv LEDs for a flashlight. (so 6 uvLEDs total) each sets will have a different wavelength, ie, 2 290nm, 2 340nm, 2 390nm. would that be a good *best of all* uv flashlights? i want (cause i really dont need it but like to have) a light that can detect almost anything. animal/human stain, chemical leakage etc...
or can you recomened a good all purpose wavelength. think 370nm is good?
thanks in advance guys and gals~

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: where to buy uv LED\'s and a question

The shortest wavelength LED in current production is the Roithner Lasertechnik TO18 one (part number RLT350-TO-18) at 350nm. It has a power output of just 50µW (50 microwatts) or 0.05mW.

The Fox Group (an LED manufacturer) is supposed to come out with a 5mm 360nm UVA LED fairly soon. I was contacted by them two days ago and told that I would receive samples of them soon. No date was given, so I cannot provide an exact date. And I don't yet know how powerful this LED is either.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: where to buy uv LED\'s and a question

I'll be waiting for a review on that Fox Group LED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeff