BC0311's Arc AA Giveaway WINNER ANNOUNCED!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
BC0311\'s Arc AA Giveaway WINNER ANNOUNCED!

<font color="red">Winner announced --> http://kevin.htgk.org/giveaway.php </font>

If you drew the winning ticket, please respond to my PM and email as soon as possible so I can get your light packaged and sent out to you. Thanks and congratulations!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

I'm pleased to announce a giveaway on behalf of BC0311 who has generously procured another Arc AA to give away!

The Prize: New in package Arc AA LED flashlight. Includes a Duracell AA cell. This one can tailstand! Removed from the package for photography purposes only. You'll get what you see below.

aag.sized.jpg

The prizes are free and will be mailed to you free of charge. International CPFers are welcome and if you win your prize will be shipped to you via Registered Mail free of charge. (I'm outside CONUS too)

Previous winners of Britt's contests are ineligible.

The contest will start automatically at 9:00PM Pacific Standard Time, Saturday 7th May 2005. This works out to be 4:00AM, 8th May GMT/Zulu time (for international users /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ). Sasha has recommended the World Clock to keep an eye on things if you're in different time zones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

GIVEAWAY DETAILS:
line.gif

Please bookmark THIS WEBPAGE --> http://kevin.htgk.org/giveaway.php <-- . The giveaway will be held on that website. You may refresh that web page as many times as you like. When the appointed time arrives, the web page will instruct you how to enter the contest - key in your email address and CPF user name. Enter only ONCE, please.

DO NOT keep reloading/refreshing pages on CPF, please refresh only on my web page, or the wrath of She Who Must Be Obeyed may fall upon you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif We do not want a repeat of what happened the last time!!

The page will automatically display the winner when 200 users have entered the giveaway.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ArcAA Giveaway this weekend!!

[ QUOTE ]
greenlight said:
Get out!!

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic

I'm in. Thank you both for organizing and setting this up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
greenlight said:
Get out!!

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I only meant that in the most positive sense! It is an incredulous offer and a highly desirable prize.

Unfortunately, I will be at work at the time of the raffle, so I hope I don't miss it.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: BC0311\'s Arc AA Giveaway this weekend!!

Cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you can get Internet access that would be great. Working at 9PM on a Saturday? I feel for ya..

Thanks should go to Britt for making this little treasure available /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

While we are waiting here are a few more photos to whet your appetite. It's not as if this legendary flashlight needs any introduction, though.

Enter the contest here : http://kevin.htgk.org/giveaway.php - the page will automatically start accepting entries at 9PM PST Saturday 7th May. (edited: SATURDAY PST, not Sunday. The dates are correct, thanks to a kind CPFer for pointing it out for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

When I was handling it to take the photos, there's a smooth 'feel' to it that the ArcAAA does not have. The knurling is enough to give it a good grip while not aggressive enough to feel rough. I've owned its CMG counterpart, the Infinity Ultra (including the HA3 Ultra - thanks greenlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and I must say the Arc's finishing work is in a class of its own.

Envelope packed and ready to go. TO WHOM? I have no idea! You guys will be providing the answer.
aah.jpg

aai.sized.jpg

NOTE: There is nothing marring the 5mm LED as the picture gives the impression that it's slightly damaged. I got a shock when I looked at the picture and inspected the light again but it appears to be some kind of visual illusion, I can't find anything wrong with it.
aaj.sized.jpg

Love the 'deep dish' silver reflector.
aak.sized.jpg

aal.sized.jpg

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

You guys are too generous! I love it!

Hey, could this setup be the answer to all of our raffle and giveaway problems of the past? Is the seperate webpage easy to control, or is it a giant pain?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

From my perspective easy, but other admins might not want to mess directly with SQL and all that. Once I do the initial setup of clearing out all the old data in the tables it is meant to be fully automatic - or so I planned for when I wrote it - hope nothing goes wrong when we go into production /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif *crossing fingers* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

There are other good solutions too, diggdug13's method of email is also very simple to implement.

X33

Enlightened

I like the ZULU time heads up. Makes it easier for us people across the big water. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

savumaki

Enlightened

For an old guy who normally goes to bed at 8 edt this will be an accomplishment BUT I will be there; many thanks to BCO311 for the generous donation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Another late night for CPFerz in EST time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks to Britt and KevinL,for doing this. You guys are the men!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

PM sent Britt

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

In just six minutes we will be under way. Keep checking!

emrbrtn

Enlightened

hey, I got "lucky" number 5!
there has to be a TON of people watching that!

emrbrtn

Enlightened

is a computer program randomly selecting the winner?

greenLED

Flashaholic

30! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

It's not me, though, so keep checking!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

This is too much fun, guys, kudos for setting this up!!

emrbrtn

Enlightened

it tells you right after you enter
"Thank you for entering. Your ticket number is (insert your number). Please note it down, you will need it to determine if you have won when the winning number is announced!!"