Help the newbie M6

DaGimp

Newly Enlightened
I've been visiting this site now and then for a few years. I remember reading a post from a guy making an over driven LED rechargable M6.

Looking for a link.

TYIA

DaGimp

Newly Enlightened
Not that I know what a pelican is,.....But I am pretty sure it was a modded surefire? Got a informative link for the Pelican?
Which one do you like better?

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Well, first off... the Pelican M6 and the surefire M6 are 2 completely different things... COMPLETELY!!

The surefire m6 is is over $300 and uses 6 123a batteries, and the LED head for that is the KL6.

The Pelican M6 is a 2x123a battery light, along the same lines as the brinkmann maxfire and the Surefire G2, and 6P.

I am having a hard time figurin' out which light you are thinking of.

I think you have combined a few of these lights,

#1 The Pelican M6
#2 The Pelican M6 LED
#3 The M6-R, a surefire M6 made regulated and rechargable by a CPFer named JS
#4 The PK-2, a custom ONE of a kind Surefire M6, with an X-binned Luxeon 5 LED.

Here is a Surefire M6

Here are Pelican flashlights

Here is the thread on the Surefire regulated rechargable, M6.

I have not had an hands-on time with any of them.

SS

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
DaGimp,

Welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the Pelican M6. McGizmo and The Sandwich Shoppe used to offer the parts to modify the Pelican M6 to LED.

edit: The Sandwich Shoppe still has them. Here's the link to the Pelican Module Assembly.

DaGimp

Newly Enlightened
It was the JS M6-R setup I was looking for. Thanks all, I've contacted him already.

DaGimp

Newly Enlightened
Doing more research on the Pelican. That upgrade looks pretty good. Much cheaper in whole than the surefire setup.

I love flashlights but I cant afford another expensive hobby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif