Good Download Scheduler ?

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just wondering if there is any thing better..

Currently i am using FlashGet 1.6 ... it's a good Download Accelerator + Download Scheduler...

However, there is a problem, my microsoft antispyware keeps bugging me... as it has a adware.... i tried the paid version too... but it still keeps bugging me..

the main feature for FlashGet is.. it allows me to download All files (links) on a given page in a single click...

i tried DAP, GetRight.. but /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif not up to the mark...

my most used feature is "Download All Links from a page" and mostly it's scheduled...

any help ?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know whether or not it has the features you want, but when I d/l big files like distros I use getright..

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using Reget for 5 years. Now it's called Reget Pro and I think it costs $9. I don't know about the scheduler part, but it's a lifesaver when downloading big files on dialup. It will download all files on a page but it takes at least two clicks. The first click will give you a list of all the downloadables. Then you have a chance to select the ones you want.

Naturally it will resume FTP and HTTP downloads where they left off after a disconnect. It has a cooperative mode where it uses less bandwidth to allow you to browse etc. It has a single click to pause all downloads when you need all the bandwidth you can get.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
ACMarina & eluminator .. thanks for the responces...

i m going to try Reget ... lets see how it works ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

auriga

Newly Enlightened
I have an old version of Getright (4.2) I relly like it, it was great when on dialup, haven't used it so much since i got DSL.

legtu

Enlightened
I think you can set MS antispyware to ignore flashget.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
auriga GetRight is Great.. but the only drawback it has is i cannot "catch" all links on a given page ... .. just imagine you are visiting Luxeon Site.. and in the Downloads section.. there are about 50 PDF Files... you want most of them... and to do this... you have to click all the 50 files... where as in FlashGet.. just Single Click and/or a keyboard shortcut can do the thing at ONE Go...

I have had used a 3 MBPS Leased line with Static real IP .. but even with that sort of link... i used FlashGet... coz.. it was more convinient

legtu .. i did try to configure MS AntiSpy to ignore flashget.. but the trouble is that.. whenever i update my AntiSpy Definations... it again bugs me telling me that there is a potential harm in allowing flashget ....

FlashGet was Perfect for my kind of work... in the day.. i browse... and get all the downloads scheduled between 11 PM in Night to 6 AM in the morning... so that when i wake up next morning.. i have whole load to read / install / view.

Another Advantage of Scheduler is NetUsage is NOT charged in the Night ... its FREE ... where as in day.. there is a nominal fee for access.

I could go in for a BroadBand.. but its costly/crappy/unreliable ... and doesnot allow me more than 1 GB of data transfer ... additional MB's download is also rather Expensive

Where as in case of Dial-Up Network... i can download up to 200 MB in Single Night !

most of my download consist of Webshots, Trial Softwares, BSD & various Linux CD's, PDF Datasheets ... and at times... MIDI archives....

I rarely download MP3's or Video's ....

i am still getting hold of the trial version of Reget-Pro... the one thing that is missing is.. the scheduler ... reget delux has it.. i might look at it tonight... lets see how it flairs...