5 Banks in 7 years

Topper

Flashaholic*
In the last seven years my Bank has changed hands five times
last one was Union Planters sold to Regions. If anyone knows what Bank I need to open an account at feel free to let me know. New checks all the time, having to change internet banking is getting on my nerves I pay most bills by draft or online every time my Bank sells out or is taken over I got to deal with it all over I am wore out by it.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Topper,
The best bank you can use is "The First National Bank of Beamhead" Just send me all your money and I'll see that every thing is taken care of. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously though as much as I hate to say this if you want stability then you might have no other choice than one of the Mega Banks....BofA.... Wells Fargo....Citi(whatever)... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

newo

Newly Enlightened
For a variety of reasons, I use three banks - Bank of America (which I landed in because another bank I had used for years was taken over by BoA), USAA Bank, and Northern Trust.

BoA is pretty ubiquitous - they are nearly everywhere, and this has some advantages, but their level of service is only average, and they are seriously below market on what they want to pay you for your money. On the other hand if you don't need, or want, any specialized services, they will probably fit the bill for you. Their on-line banking is pretty good.

USAA Bank has great service, just like the USAA insurance company, but they aren't very many places, and unless you qualify for membership, they won't do business with you. But if you do qualify (pretty much boils down to you, or certain family members, have had something to do with DoD, or certain other federal agencies, at some point in your life), they are very good. Their on-line banking is very good.

Northern Trust is absolutely outstanding if you need private banking and / or trust services. They aren't everywhere, but that doesn't really matter because they will work with you. The drawback here is that the minimum balance requirements will tend to exclude a lot of folks. But if you are in their niche, they are top notch.

Hope this helps.