A question for hairball (or others that can work glass and pyrex)

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
I definatly need a scratch resistant lense for my LX! Glass seems like it may scratch less, but I don't know. Pyrex maybe? All I know is I need something that wont require constant polishing. Hairball, did you happen to talk to the powers that be about replacement lenses? Maybe you could talk them into some sort of scratch resistance for them. Daily carry in my pocket has seen the lense scratched quite a bit. No deep scratches, yet, so I am hopeful I can polish these out, but still. We need something that wont need to be polished every couple weeks. I am a teenager with a boring/no life, I don't think the light has gone through anything much. It sits in my right pocket with my ignition key (yes, just one key in the right pocket, others are in left), and occasionally I MAY have some change, but I rarely buy anything. So, maybe it is all the pocket lint or something. Should I carry bezel up or down to keep it from getting scratched?

Anybody willing to send a poor teenager a home-made lense that wont scratch? Yeah, didn't think any of you made lenses.

Oh, kotanga, if you are reading this. While on the subject of the LX. On your surefire mod, is it easy, or even possible to get thta snap ring back into place? I have not tried the mod, and probably wont any time soon as i have no local source for surfire lamps, but if I do ever manage to get my grubby hands on one, I would want to be able to make it a reversible mod, easily. It looks like it would take a while to get the ring back into place.

Spudgunr

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Replacement lens are in the works. I do not know when they will be here. I will see what they think about glass, pyrex ect. I will ask about and let you know.
A few legend lx are shipping to other stores than Walmart. I do not have a list but will see what I can do.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might see if any of these are the right size. Synthetic sapphire is VERY difficult to scratch.

-john

Latest posts