XM3 still available?

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can check the Buy, Sell, Trade thread. Sometimes I see an XM-3 for sale.

robk

Enlightened
I have an XM3 that I'm willing to sell. It is modded - I didn't like the original step-up converter, so I replaced it with a pair of MicroPucks in parallel (~700 mA drive), replaced the lens with a custom cut crown glass 1.8mm thick lens. The current draw from a pair of 1800mAh NiMH cells is 880 mA, so I figure the actual LED drive is somewhere between 600 and 700 mA. The LED was replaced with a TV1K, nice and white, fairly bright. Condition is excellent, some missing anodize on the very sharp edges of the hex part of the body. I can take pictures if you want. I used it for a while with 2 NiMH cells, but I'll sell it with 2 Alk AA's. I don't remember what I paid for it, but the MicroPucks cost me a few bucks, I'll sell it for $55 shipped to any US address if you're interested. It's a lot brighter than a stock XM3 which is terribly underdriven. If you don't like it, full refund. I have too many lights, just never use this one.
Rob

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
That modded setup sounds much better than finding a stock unit like the one I owned. If you want to try an XM3 how can you lose with a refund guarantee?

Now, if it is brighter it is gonna run for less time, but I sold mine because I wanted more WOW for the weight of the light. Rechargeables are a great idea.

Stream

Enlightened
Thanks for the offer, it sounds very tempting, but I since I'm a student I can't afford to buy one right now. I couldn't find it at the Elektrolumens website anymore so I was just wondering if it was still available somewhere. It doesn't have to be very bright, as long as it's brighter than a AA MiniMag. Runtime is more important to me than brightness since I'll be using it for mostly up-close tasks.

Btw, I live in Norway.