Longbow ECO (2AA)

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have good or bad experiences with this light, particularly in brightness and runtime?

I used to have a Micra w/ twisty and liked many things about it, but I eventually found it to be too battery-hungry and I sold it. Efficiency will be less of an issue with me regarding the ECO, since I plan to use NiMH rechargeables.

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
I've got a micra and the eco tube for it. With a pair of lithium AA's its brighter than with a single 123. So with two NIMH it should be great. I don't know about runtimes with the NiMH's.

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
I have one. I'll do a runtime test when tommarow (when my batteries are charged). I really like this light, but i really regret buying the "eco" version instead of the micra, with a Eco tube. It is actually cheaper to buy the micra with the eco tube, plus you get a case for cr123.

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
Sorry, i lost track of time after 1 hour- i have to recharge my batteries again :\

Tommarow, i'll be more careful to watch it.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Anti_candescent said:
I've got a micra and the eco tube for it. With a pair of lithium AA's its brighter than with a single 123. So with two NIMH it should be great. I don't know about runtimes with the NiMH's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you sure its safe to run it on lithium AAs?

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
I've never heard otherwise....been doing it for over a year, got the empty can sitting in a drawer if I need to build a new capsule. Have you seen somewhere that it isn't safe?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I don't own a Longbow, the 2AA is my favorite configuration, and the ECO is arguably the best 2AA production light made. (Longbow lights are used by U.S. Special Forces.) Since the ECO uses the same head and switch s the Micra, all the good stuff you've read about the Micra applies to the ECO. Don't forget that you can also purchase Longbow's long-throw head. Maybe you can dedicate the long-throw head to the 2AA tube and leave the stock head on the Micra tube.

I've seen the ECO for as little as $88. The black version seems to cost less than the camouflage.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had an ECO for some time now,
it has never failed me, runs for well over 2 hours on
Sanyo 2500 ma cells at full brightness