How many lumens does a stock Mag 3D put out?

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
And that's just briefly before an initial rapid followed by slower steady decline, right?

Flashlight Enthusiast
39 lumens if memory work right, and as people above said a rapid initial decline in output. Its the rapid decline in output that I hate most about using stock Mags.

MoonRise

Enlightened
Also remember that lumens is not a measure of brightness, it is a measure of the "amount" of light.

Your Mag85 will be brighter and put out more lumens than a stock Mag3D.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
is there any difference in lumen output/dropoff between alkaline and nimh? I would think output would not drop as fast on nimh but may be initially less bright to start.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Rapid Drop is because of the Battery Chemistry, if you are using Alkaline or Zinc-Carbon batteries.

I doubt if that drop will be there if we use Ni-MH or Ni-Cd D-Size Batteries.

Also, with the Energizer Lithium D batteries (which are not out yet) i guess, the output will stay there for much much longer duration.

Do we have Comparitive Runtime Graphs with Ni-MH, Ni-CD, Alkaline, Zinc-Carbon batteries for the said 3D Light to verify the said things.

Deadshot11

Newly Enlightened
I would think that all of these comments are right, because brightness is proportional to voltage. Alkalines start out around 1.5v and then immediately start dropping in voltage until their dead. Nimh hold a steady 1.2v for most of their run-time before dying, so the brightness would be steady, following along with the voltage. That's how I'd imagine it anyway.