Musical Lights

Greta

Flashaholic
Tonight I went to the Spring Choir concert at my son's school. My son is in the choir. We have been to all of his concerts this school year and enjoyed every single one of them immensely. The choir director, Mr. Bryant Christenson, is wonderful with the children and allows them to have lots of fun with their performances... and they do... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tonight the choir did a song that they've done once before in concert... and we enjoyed that alot!... but tonight it was even better!! Because everyone knew what to do this time... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The name of the song is "Lights". And everyone is told well ahead of time to bring a flashlight to the concert... and if they don't, they get fined by the "flashlight police"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif All of the lights in the theater are turned out and everyone turns on their flashlights while the children on the stage sing with their flashlights. It is a beautiful sight on it's own... but for a flashaholic parent like me... it is breathtaking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif And of course, while all of the flashlights were white (or yellow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif), three lights stood out in the theater... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif ... My son had my little red 1W nestled in a KL4 head mounted on a McGizmo 1CR2 body with an E2d tail switch, I had my green L1, and my son's friend had one of the blue CPF lightpens from the Wits' End group buy. I found out later that Mr. Christenson carries one of the white CPF lightpens... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mr. Christenson did an awesome job with these children and with this concert... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... and next week, he is taking a group of 17 of them "on tour" to Minnesota for competition. They will be performing their song "Lights" throughout the tour.

Soooooo... where are my MN flashaholics?!?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif

If any of you are interested, I will be posting the times and locations of the performances as soon as I get them from Mr. Christenson. As I will be sending him a link to this thread, I'm guessing he will be sending that information to me shortly... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif These children are very talented and LOTS of fun... and what better opportunity to show off your lights than at a high school choir concert... with a song tailor made for flashaholics? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you Mr. Christenson... you are incredible with our children... and the lights just simply warm my heart... keep them shining... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
Sounds like a really neat experience, Sasha! What a chance for people to "see the light" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Does anyone in MN own a SF "Beast"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif