Mich city hamfest LED find

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
My uncle was able to go to the Michigan City Indiana ham show this year. He sent me some pics of LED stuff he saw. Most of it is old and overpriced (well, compared to our fine dealers HERE) anyhoo, one pic cought my eye
whitevfl2yf.jpg

Now 12.00 for a LUX I (at least it looks like a LUX I) is steep, but with a Vf of 2.5v or less!!!! that could work on 2x Ni-MH. Any guess as to the bin of these suckers, and mabyee how efficient they would be???
Jeff

paulr

Flashaholic
Or else got the color wrong. 2.5 Vf is normal for a red led.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Playing with the photo, it's hard to tell if those are red or white stars. Some look like they have yellow phosphor (top group), others looks more like the red emitter structure (bottom group).

Setting the gamma to 0.10 seems to make the bottom group look even more like red, the top more like white.

A Vf of 2.5 would be really interesting.

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
the top two rows are white. there is a full picture with them all lit up, 8pkwhite, 8pk red, amber green aqua and blue. I have seen whites that will work kinda bright down to 3.1v or so, but NOT 2.5v.
Jeff

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
N5JW is the bin sticker on the top. From what I can tell. Seems to be J Vf and crappy color and flux. The bottom looks like ES2R?? I know those stickers have listed the bin code before because I had a partial set and it had the bin code on a white sticker that matched the stars...

I've seen 1W H vF pull 250ma at 3V, and same for a J Vf LuxIII.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
E52A Amber LuxIII!! That's what the bottom ones are. E flux, 5 color bin, and 2? Vf? F perhaps?