The Stages of Man. . .

Santelmo

Enlightened
Overheard on the radio by a "sagely" commentator about his golf game/leisure time made me chuckle. Just goes to show you can't have too much fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif :

"The three stages of man are; when he is younger, he has the energy, he has the opportunity BUT he doesn't have the money.

In his prime, he has the money, he still has the energy BUT not the opportunity.

In his fading years, he now has both the money and opportunity BUT no longer the energy".

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif so true. The first stage seems to fit me perfectly. No money... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif.

Leeoniya

Enlightened
reminds me of "the less you work the more you make" and the older you get the more money you have to spend on things you can no longer enjoy.

the topic reminded me of this before i read the guts.
evolution.jpg

Leon

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course, when some people get the energy, the opportunity AND the money, then next phase, they have to go into rehab... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I thought the stages were:

Too young to know better.
Old enough to know better but too young to care.
Old enough to know better and old enough to care
Old enough to know better and too old to care

Daniel

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
GL,

That makes more sense, having opportunity in the older years, well, that's a stretch, unless you are Hugh Hefner. But if you are MIDDLE AGE, then for guys, there is a lot of opportunity (if you have a good job and good income-it's the best you'll have in your lifetime). But if you are a fat stupid ******* talking on the radio,...

Eh, that's why I don't listen to 'the "sagely" commentator' on the radio (who very likely is a "fat stupid *******"). I just HATE being dumbed down. I suspect the "sagely" commenator has NO OPPORTUNITY, um, because for him, a MIDDLE AGE guy (loser) talking on the radio,...um,...well,...duh, who cares about him????

cheese

ps, my stages,
1) you are dork with no money
2) you are a dork with money, some babes dig you
3) you are a dork with money, babes recognize that you look old and may have money, so they REALLY did you.
4) you are an old dork and no one cares, except for Anne Nicole Smith.

In each stage you have the desire, including stage 4, because you are a man. A man always has desire.