Headlamps in Iraq

sheltot

Newly Enlightened
There's an interesting blog article here about our troops' use of and need of headlamps in Iraq. I found it interesting and thought I'd share.

Regards,
Tony

greenLED

Flashaholic
if you haven't heard about BatteryStation's Operation Enlightment, this is your chance to help the troops!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting article, as an Air Force "medic" I used my lights all the time. Been to Iraq twice, the first time blackout was common and the second, no blackout was needed.

Heading to Turkey in a few weeks for two years, this will include a trip or two to Iraq. I like the idea of head lamps but wanted something with a little more punch, durability and ability to adjust output. Then it hit me, get one of those Proton Photon single AA lights (adjustable output 60 lumen white and adjustable output dual 3mm red LEDs) Slide the light in one of those headbands made to hold minimags... perfect!

When the Proton Photons come available (late July?) I will be ordering two of them to make a headlamp and one for the keychain/lanyard.

By the way, the AF medics did not get headlamps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

chrisn1niq

Newly Enlightened
I enlightened my buddy about quality lights. He shipped off with two Surefire G2's and a cheezy, no name, coin cell headlamp. I'll be sending him a good one when he gets there in a few months (He's retraining before deployment)