Dorcy Cool Blue Sale

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Went to Sears today and noticed they are selling the venerable Dorcy Cool Blue for $8.88, batteries included. That's about what I paid for mine at WalMart a few years back. The normal Sears price is $12.99. So, if anyone feels they need one of these classics now's your chance. It's a bit clunky, but it's durable, has surprising throw, and you can use the bulb in other lights.

Geoff

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one running as a nightlight right now on rechargeable batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I got it at Wallyworld in 2002, and I still love the "solid state" dang thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DaveT

Enlightened
I really like these, especially for the price. They're very sturdy, with an acceptable amount of light for uses in medium to deep darkness, and surprising throw. The first light I loan out, and a good beater/junk drawer light.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this is the same "solid state" Cool Blue Dorcy 4AA I inquired about some months ago, I was lucky to stumble upon one last light at a sporting goods store - $3.99!

wwglen

Enlightened
As I said once before...

These are perfect for little kids.

Too big to swallow and made of rubber so they won't hurt to bad when they hit each other with them.

wwglen

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the flashlight that got me hooked on LEDs back in 2001.

I melted down the reflector of my original Cool Blue by overdriving a 3.6 V incandescent lamp in it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif I then picked up a new one on sale at Menard's for around $10 back in 2003.

Niteowl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
wwglen said:These are perfect for little kids.
Too big to swallow and made of rubber so they won't hurt to bad when they hit each other with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Cool Blue was recommended when I asked for suggestions for a kid-friendly LED last year. I bought one and it was perfect. I now have three more I got on clearance for $6.98. As the two younger kids get older (3yrs), I'll have one for each and still have one for myself. It's my favorite "cheap light". Perfect for power outages too, standing on end.

For those that aren't familiar with it, here's a link to the LED Museum .

Mark