Brightest 5mm UV Led

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello!

I have been looking for Bright 5mm UV leds for some time now,and the brightest i can find is 3000mcd.
Are there brighter UV Leds out there,and where can i buy them?

Im interested in 3 leds for a modding project im planning.

The light im planning to mod can be found at this site.
http://www.heinnie.com
It`s the Magnum CoupLed with LUX I in one end and 3 5mm leds in the other.
Im planning on putting one LUX III(havent decided color yet,maybe Red/amber ) in the Lux end and UV in the other.

Benny

Spacemarine

Enlightened
Since the brightness measured in mcd is only an indicator of how much light is visible from an LED, and since you want an UV Led to produce "invisible" light, wouldn't it make more sense to look for dim UV LEDs (having low mcd ratings) that have high UV output ratings (which are probably measured in mW)?

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
That makes sense,thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Do you know any webshops that sell UV leds?

Benny

PJ

Enlightened
Check some of the past threads for the wavelength needed to get stuff to glow. I think that a lower wavelength will work better but will be less visible. My Photon 1 UV is great for lighting stuff up.
LSdiodes.com has some 390-395 nm UVs that work pretty good and are pretty cheap for UV LEDs.

emrbrtn

Enlightened
Yeah, I got some from lsdiodes.com and they were pretty good for the cost. They make the band in the US money glow, but it depends on what you need it for.

xenopus

Newly Enlightened
What are you interested in lighting up and at what distance? With 3 LEDs, if the are good ones, you should be able to get usable exitation in a dark room at 10 feet or so. We can sell you a few LEDs if you are interested.
Piers!

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanx!

Ive just found a decent flashlite that will cover my needs.
It`s the 12 UV LED at ebay.
Im just gonna play with the thing...nothing special in mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Benny