Brand new Inova X1 doesn't work.

Technician

Newly Enlightened
Brand new Inova X1 doesn\'t work.

I just recieved my brand new Inova X1, and it doesn't work right out of the package. The battery is good, but I have tried 3 other batteries just to be safe. The battery is oriented correctly.

On a rather alarming note, when the tailcap is screwed down to the "on" position, the battery and body of the flashlight get very hot. I think there is a short somewhere in here. Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I have to send it back?

MrMom

Enlightened
Re: Brand new Inova X1 doesn\'t work.

Tech I ended up with a bad one as well. I took it back to them at this years Shot Show and they replaced it no problem. One would think that they would have thrown in a small freebie for all the trouble and given that it is a very low priced light but they did not - even though they were handing out samples at the show. They knew that I was a CPF member and had purchased most of their line. I was made to feel - Here is your replacement now go away. I was given a cold shoulder at the 04 SS as well. After a second cold shoulder, the decision was made to never invest in their product again.

Every other light manufacture at both shows were friendly and more than eager to talk shop in fact many would not let me go.

There is no intent to hijack or turn this thread into a Inova bash. Your post invoked MY whole experience with the 'friendly' folks at Inova and I wanted to share it with you.

Latest posts