C2 lanyard ring won't rotate all the way around-

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
C2 lanyard ring won\'t rotate all the way around-

Also mentioned in another post, when you have a lanyard ring on the C2/M2 it won't go all the way around because of the pocket clip. That can be annoying... as you can see in my first pic, the pocket clip overhangs the ring area...
copyofdscn0732b5nr.jpg

But not for long!!
Get out your Dremel with cutting blade and lop off that little "tab" that is bent down toward the light. Grind and round corners, cover up the scars with a sharpie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Viola!~ You have a shorter clip that allows the lanyard ring to swing freely.
dscn07375mo.jpg

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: C2 lanyard ring won\'t rotate all the way aroun

Oh yeah, its a good idea to take off the pocket clip BEFORE you try to cut it!! Seems obvious, but some people....

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good idea to dremel the clip down.

I put a split ring through my C2's pocket clip (the lanyard hole) instead of using the Z26 ring which you used, so I don't have a problem. However, as you know the KL4's clip sticks up, and it so happens that the clip is JUST the right length to push open the gate snap of the 20mm McGizmo clip - by itself. One night, with both hands in the fridge and the L4 around my neck, the L4 managed to unfasten itself and plunge to the floor, acquiring a slightly cracked Pyrex lens and character marks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Now I may have a solution to that.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Did you get Surefire to fix it?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Naah. Actually I didn't see the crack in the lens until later, and it seems to be more of an internal stress fracture inside the glass. So it's a crack, actually embedded inside the glass, that does not extend outwards or break the surface. Very interesting. Can only be seen at a certain angle with the KL4 lit.

Since it doesn't appear to affect water resistance (I plunged the L4 into a sink to find out), I decided to keep it, because this LED's got a nice tint. Yup, I'm brave. The idea is that if water resistance really is compromised and the L4 flooded with water, I would immediately contact them for help and ask what I could do. Better to find out earlier.. than in an emergency when I need the light to work.