Only in La La Land

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was watching the daily pursuit on L.A. television a few minutes ago and the driver (a murder suspect)after going 100+ in rush-hour traffic pulls into a parking lot and pulls a gun out of his pocket and points it toward the pursuing cops.

Needless to say, he was brought down instantly by a barrage of bullets. The TV channel quickly pulled away to avoid the guys body lying on the asphalt.

It's a way of life here in L.A. There's a rumor that the L. A. Police Chief is going to run for the Mayor's job in New York. Things are probably better there.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Isn't Bratton the Police Chief in LA? He did a great job in New York. He started the murder rates going down instead of up. We're on track this year to have fewer murders than when I was born. Guiliani's ego drove him away, and his successor thought it was good idea to start giving tickets to jaywalkers and sidewalk cyclists, probably because there weren't enough real criminals for the NYPD to go after. 9/11 and its aftermath has enough to keep the cops busy with real police work now. Anyway, I wouldn't mind having Bratton for Mayor. I liked Guiliani too, but sometimes his ego got in the way too much. Bloomberg is OK, but still much better than any of the other mayoral wannabees (Fernando Ferrer, Gifford Miller, and Virginia Fields, whom I collectively call the 3 Stooges). I think Bratton might be able to beat Bloomberg if he ran.

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
Saw the rerun this afternoon,a murder suspect in a stolen car who tried to pull a second gun on officers.A prime candidate for the Darwin award or what?

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
Yep,he won't make the audition for village idiot this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif