What to mod a Mag6D into (drivers, Luxs, etc)

Thertel

Newly Enlightened
Well I got a maglite six D cell flashlight that I would love to make into a mean lean light blasting machine using Luxeons. That is all I know at this point. I'm looking for input and suggestions.

Thomas

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Hey howya going? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm doing exactly just that with my 6D.

It's my first attempt at modding (OK, so I don't actually include the failed attempts haha) but anyway, there are a few options out there.

I had no idea what to mod mine into either when embarking on my similar quest but there are a LOT of helpful people around here, you just gotta ask!

I'm doing a triple luxIII powered by a nflex converter, I think I'm going to try to use 6 Pila 168 batteries in parallel to run it. (Hope I don't blow anything up) eek!

I'm only at the de-anodising stage, got to buff and polish the fella and turn it from Angry Red and all scratched up into Deep Blue and as perfect as you can imagine!!

I'm gonna run a couple of channels in the body from the tail cap to the head before I get it anodised so I can mix up some AQUA glow in the dark powder with some epoxy to fill the channels.

Should make it either totally gay or really cool...and easy to find in the dark after you turn it off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Enough dribble from me, check out my posts and threads I have visited and you'll easily find all you are after to make your light, well, yours!

Breast of luck!!

Tim.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can do this very easy. Pick up your phone and call Wayne at Elektrolumens. Brightest MAG LED mod so far.