Flashlite Flashdrive

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makes sense. You usually need a flashlight to find the USB port on the back of a desktop. The Flashlite USB drive lights it's own path.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Wits' End said:
It would be neat if it recharged while in the USB port /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am assuming that is the case - hopefully I will get a reply with some usefull information.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good news - a got a prompt and usefull reply to my email!

"Thank you for your inquiring about the Flashlite USB Data Drive. Please find the answers to your questions below.

How long does the light burn?
The LED light should last the life of the product and not burn out. The battery life is approximately one year(+) with normal flashlight usage (a few minutes a day).

Does it automatically recharge when plugged in?
No the batteries do not recharge. The life expectancy is over one year, you should have no problem with them dying prematurely. It is a good idea though, perhaps future version will have this feature.

Note: When the batteries finally fail, you can purchase new batteries at most electronics stores. The product takes standard 3 1.5v button batteries.

How does the switch work: Momentary? Standard on/off? Automatic when the head is extended?
The LED flashlight can be turned on for intermittent use by just pushing down on the switch/button. If you want the light to remain on, all you do is push the switch forward and the light remains on. When the USB Head is fully extended and the light is on, the light automatically switches off when you plug into the USB port.

I hope I have answered everything for you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email me again."

I might get one for my keychain just because I like the way the switch works.
(Pending seeing a review of course.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:
Does it automatically recharge when plugged in?
No the batteries do not recharge. The life expectancy is over one year, you should have no problem with them dying prematurely. It is a good idea though, perhaps future version will have this feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

that just killed the Wow Factor for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif