BrightGuy E1L 3 watt Ad?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
BrightGuy is selling an E1L ($98) and free shipping on whole order. It's advertised as a 3 watt, 25 lumen, one hour full brightness, LED. Because the text itself said one watt, I called and was told it was 3 watts and and could also be used with the E2e. Isn't the KL3 Surefire's 3W LED? Thanks for any input on this.

PJ

Enlightened
I believe the E1L uses the latest KL1 head on an E1e body. This one has a Lux III emitter but is driven at one watt.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the head on the E2L. This head also comes on the E1L. (3 Watt Luxeon)

dsc000723yj.jpg

rycen

Enlightened
KL3 is a one watt head for the 6/9 P and the C,D and M series.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The LuxeonIII is NOT a "3 Watt" LED.

The LuxeonIII is used by the following released SureFire products:
X200A
KL1 bezel
L1
The E1L and E2L use the KL1 bezel

The new KL3 that several CPF reveiwers have also features a LuxeonIII LED.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Guys. Oh yeah, now I remember - the Lux III is an improvement but not, as Size 15's indicates, three watts.

I haven't been keeping up here lately and have forgotten some product facts that have once filled my cranium.

Is the $98 EL1 worthwhile (I suspect so) or are there other contenders in the small, high quality, LED arena? I have an E2e that I EDC on my work belt so I'm thinking the LED head and E1's clickie may end up on that light, just for kicks.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always say it but the new KL-1 is great light. if you like throw especially. And it got nice tight beam that opens up as it throw's, it's not laser like X-1 as some would have you believe. Great light no matter what you use it on. VDG

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
Thanks Guys. Oh yeah, now I remember - the Lux III is an improvement but not, as Size 15's indicates, three watts.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Luxeon III can be 3 watts (or more) if it is driven near the rated maximum current of 1000 mA, but the Luxeon in the KL1 isn't driven nearly that hard. Someone in another thread mentioned that it's near 1.5 watts, and that's probably when running on two cells.

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I have an E1L as my EDC, and I love it. I have the McE2S tailcap/switch, which makes it even more versatile.

Highly recommended.