E1L Questions

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am seriously considering an EL1 for a back-up, I love it's size but I have some questions.
Is it regulated?
Will it use the protected rechargable 123a's I just got?
Does anyone have a size picture of one? Preferabaly beside an L4.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I understand it is small but will out throw my L4? So, will the Kl1 fit the L4 as well?
Thanks..
David

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
it'll out throw the L4 and the Kl1 fits on the L4 with lots of run time. It's regulated and will use protected 123s just fine.

A VERY nice combo is the KL4 head off your L4 on to that body with the R123. Same amount of light for like 20 minutes before slowlydimming and finally flickering about 1 hr in

cy

Flashaholic
No way E1L puts out same amount of light as KL4 w/E1e when both are running R123, which is all I run anymore.

some like the new KL1 optics, some don't like the tight beam pattern. don't care for it myself.

edit: KL1 out-throws my KL4 by a smigen

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GarageBoy said:
it'll out throw the L4 and the Kl1 fits on the L4 with lots of run time. It's regulated and will use protected 123s just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about unprotected RCR123's?

cy

Flashaholic
unprotected R123 run fine in most single cell applications that can handle the extra voltage.

yank cell at first sign of dimming and recharge. Make sure there is no chance of a dead short occuring. even a small R123 li-ion cell can produce 15+ amps in a dead short.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:

don't know about your KL4, but mine KL4 smokes new KL1 for throw and lumens.

[/ QUOTE ]

The KL4 should put out a lot more light. But something is wrong with your KL1 if a KL4 can beat it in throw.

cy

Flashaholic
Just came in from doing a throw test. I stand corrected. new KL1 does outthrow KL4, if only by a smigen.

still prefer KL4's wall of light output to new KL1's tightly focused beam with almost no spill.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
KL-4 does put out more light. KL-4 i got a great flood. but my KL-1's
do out throw a KL-4, which I think has been mentioned n CPF a few times, at least the new one I tried 3mth's ago.
Two great light's for different things' VDG

attowatt

Enlightened
These are not the greatest pics... something happened to focusing on this camera(sony W1), here ya go:

first picture is normal config, second picture is KL1 head on L4 and vice versa.

dsc007662cs.jpg

dsc007818jn.jpg

KL4 head is a little smaller in size.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great Pics! Thanks for taking the time for doing that for me!
This is some good info guys, the size was the important thing for me, and it looks very nice along side of the L4.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did it, I ordered one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thanks again to the patient, informative, generous business ethics of oldgrandpajack!
Now the wait..

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
Just came in from doing a throw test. I stand corrected. new KL1 does outthrow KL4, if only by a smigen.

still prefer KL4's wall of light output to new KL1's tightly focused beam with almost no spill.

[/ QUOTE ]

and some of us like it that way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif really it's just different lights for different needs/pref's. VDG

Latest posts