P60 AA flashlight?

PowerShot

Newly Enlightened
Is there any flashlight powered by 4AA which can be used with SF-P60 LA?

PowerShot

Newly Enlightened
thanks Atom!
2*CR123A is more preferred than 4*AA? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

AtomSphere

Enlightened
if u can find a holder that can put the p60 and 4 AA together, it might work... but right now i cannot think of any...

R U trying to get more runtimes using AA? or isit cheaper for your case for running on AA?

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
There is no way that 4xAA in serial to get 6v will supply the amperes to drive the p60 bulb at spec. If you want to run the p60 or other high apm lamps u will need to parallel the aa batss to 2x4AA like those in the energizer double barrel. Have a look at Brocks Flashlight Page to get an idea of what is happening.

Fat

Newly Enlightened
i tried once,in my friend's cateye halogen 4aa light, with a pm6 xenon bulb powered by 4 energiser cells and its significantly brighter than the stock 2.4w micro halogen bulb. its still tad behind that of a pm6 on 2 cr123 visibly and with sanyo 2500s, the output is dimmer compared with the energisers.

i think this is a nice way to get a pelican reflector and at the same time upgrade the existing cateye 4aas if u happen to own one.(pelican reflector do needs some machining work for it to focus properly)