Is the p61 noticeably brighter?

wmirag

Enlightened
The P61 is MUCH brighter than the P60. When I put it into my G2, it's almost hard to believe the throw and intensity. But of course it starts getting dimmer within minutes. I only use it to impress my friends nowadays.

W.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
W...

thank you for your reply. I was debating switching to the p61. i understand the decrease in runtime, but i was thinking, even towards the end, it still MIGHT be brighter than the p60. and, batteries arent going to be that hard to carry, they are tiny little suckers.

SS

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
SS,

Much brighter, even towards the end. Twice as bright. Be careful, though. Once you taste the P61, you won't be able to easily go back to using the P60.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
GarageBoy's got it - twice the spot but with the same throw. Sometimes that's just the ticket. The SureFire incan equivalent to the L4's "wall of light".

jmy808

Newly Enlightened
I have also wondered the same thing. Well. out to p/u a P61 to create a torch of modest proportion.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put one in my legend xl light. It is twice as bright and worth it. I just use it off and on, not constantly.

Myself, I want to get the cell extender and a p90 or p91 lamp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cobb said:
Myself, I want to get the cell extender and a p90 or p91 lamp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i used to think that too....

but i listened to Size 15s address this. his opinion matters in my book. and i have come to the conclusion that i want a surefire 6p with the p61 hola, and an M6 with the lola.

**Size15s said that if you are going to go 9 volts, you might as well go turbo head, and use the MN15 and MN16 bulbs.** WRONG!!!

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">For me the P90/P91 beams just do not cut it compared to the M3's MN10/MN11 beams.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

So I thought, "if i am going to go something m3T sized, i might as well go M6"

SS

Edited to add.. The above quoted info is wrong. the correct is in red. Sorry Size 15. The above quote was taken from post #979579

Thread from which the quote was taken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, agreed....larger spot but same throw. Definitely a good upgrade if you need raw power over runtime.

I personally can't justify 20 minute runtime though (with only the first 2 or 3 minutes being max brightness). I'm thinking of getting a Surefire M6 and using the LOLA which is something like 200 lumens for 60 minutes. At least when this assembly drops in output, it will still be putting out lots of light.

My ultimate Surefire Incandescent dream light hasn't been built yet, a fully regulated incandescent that maintains 100+ lumens flat output for at least an hour. The A2 is close, but only maintains 50+ lumens for about 60 minutes.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:
And look where thinking has got us! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOOPS....

I guess I mis-quoted you.
changed now
Thank You.

SS

Size15's

Flashaholic
You weren't misquoting me!
Don't worry!
(British Humour perhaps wasn't multi-cultural enough)

I was indicating that if I helped you down the path to getting yourself an M6 - look where it has got us (as in, it's a good thing!)

Best regards,

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience is that Surefires Hi-output lamps and not all that brighter than standard. What is higher is the quantity or volume of light that is the same relative brightness as the standard lamps.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
OHHHHHH!

I totally read into it differently, as in thinking = assume, and assume = *** of you and me.

Because when i read your post, you said the MN10 and MN11, not the MN15, and MN16. So i noticed that i quoted incorrectly.

All is cool now.

And if the dealer i like to use could just FIND an M6, I would be ok.... but that won't be happening for a while.

SS

Latest posts