L1 tailswitch acting up?

DELLED

Newly Enlightened
This morning I noticed that I could not get the highbeam to come on unless I turned the tailcap on enough to turn on the Low beam (const on). But if I turned the tail out just enough to where the low beam (const on) turns off, I could not get the high beam to come on. I turned the tail switch all the way on to push the battery all the way in just in case the battery moved or something.

While trying to figure out what was wrong I could hear things "poping into place".

After a few times of running the tailcap all the way in, it seems to be working fine. Should I have any concerns? Is the switch about to fail completely or does this sorta thing happen and you just do what I did to fix it?

Peace out

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
On some of the L1's, including mine, the little contacts in the tailcap that rub against the battery tube are too brittle. They break off, then float around. I noticed my problem when the light did not turn off. The contact had stuck between the tube and the contact plate.

Surefire sent me a new tailcap. I did not have to return the old one. The new tailcap was the wrong one, so I called again. I did not have to return that one either. There was no charge. The newest tailcap works fine.

Daniel