Getting a better grip on Jil - Pics added

MY

Enlightened
I love my Jil DD light. But even for a guy with smallish hands, I often have a hard time finding much grip to operate this very tiny light. I simply streched a couple of small o-rings around the grooves on the head - and instantly better grip on the ole girl.

Jil.jpg

P1010193.jpg

Regards.

flashlightfreek

Newly Enlightened
Re: Getting a better grip on Jil

That is a pretty good idea, I will have to try it out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like its small enough that you could slip short sections of a inner tube of a bike tyre over sections of it. That way, you could have grip on both the bezel and body.

MY

Enlightened

Good thought Stanley but bad idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif The Jill DD Rev is a direct drive light which gets very hot very quickly. I think that any type of insulating cover would trap the heat and add to the untimely death of the T bin. Using the o rings doesn't really take away much surface area for heat disposition but allows some additional grip.

Regards.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm... yea, didn't think of the heat part... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Well, you could cut it to short strips, probably about the same thickness as your Orings or slightly wider, that way you don't insulate too much of the light/body...

Niteowl

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
powerfuldark said:
Nifty light. Who sells them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nifty? Look HERE! . This light is outstanding. I have the 1.3w with the upgraded version on the way.

MY

Enlightened

Pics added for size comparison.

While the ORB RAW is indeed raw, the Jil Rev is all dressed up.

Regards.