had to change a flat tire tonight

cognitivefun

Enlightened
I had my L4 with me, with the McES 2 stage (22ohm resistor) switch, and my wife remembered that she had her Nuwai Q-III.

Between the two, with the L4 mostly on low, I found it quite easy to see, read the manual, and get the flat tire changed.

The Q-III was a bit too bright. It was okay if she held it a distance away. If I was by myself, I would have used the L4 on low pretty much exclusively.

Of course, a headlamp would have been even better. I will put one in each of the cars. I had been thinking of it but didn't get around to it, but now I will.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was never able to deploy a flashlight into a situation like yours. So does your wife bother you a bit less about flashlights if she has already?

cognitivefun

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mags said:
I was never able to deploy a flashlight into a situation like yours. So does your wife bother you a bit less about flashlights if she has already?

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

She is awfully nice and doesn't bother me...she will say, "ANOTHER flashlight???" when I get a new one, but I wouldn't call this bothering /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Without the light(s), we wouldn't have been able to do what we did, and I think she appreciates that!

VWTim

Enlightened
My gf gives me a hard time about buying new lights all the time. Until the other night when her alternator belt broke on the side of the highway, and I was able to easily replace it with my Mag and Strion. I did have to rub it in a bit afterwards, although she's since let up on me.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
Hey Cog,

Couldn't think of a better light to have in hand to change a flat tire than the L4.....nice flood to work with and to read with on LOW. A headlight in the car is also a very good idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aloha

powerfuldark

Newly Enlightened
You'll forgive me if I find it amusing that a full fledged technogeek, no doubt well versed in all manner of arcane modifications, electronics, and the like, would need a manual to change a tire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

VWTim

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
powerfuldark said:
You'll forgive me if I find it amusing that a full fledged technogeek, no doubt well versed in all manner of arcane modifications, electronics, and the like, would need a manual to change a tire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminds me of the time my brother in law and his friends borrowed my dad's truck to go fishing. Imagine ann architect, a civil and mechanincal engineer working on the trailer lights. They managed to blow all the lights out of the Toyota somehow.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
powerfuldark said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Too funny/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my light (Peak AAA) this weekend with similar results. A couple of friends went with me out to a few clubs and when we exited, it had rained considerably. They were wearing high heels (they are females BTW) there were puddles and mud everywere and they could not see.

I pulled my keychain out and fired up the Peak AAA 3-LED light and lit their way through the mud and water. They said my light was really "cute", bright and small. No more abuse about having a keychain light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

powerfuldark

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
SuicideHz said:
I know a lot of stupid civil engineers and architects are born stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. It may take many years of study to develop the level of stupidity displayed by some architects. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

wmirag

Enlightened
A few months ago I gave those $1 CountyComm lights to a bunch of neices, nephews, and friends at my daughter's birthday party. Turns out half the lights found themselves on the keychains of their parents!

Last week my sister-in-law ran out of gas on a country road at night. She had her cell phone and got a friend to bring some lawnmower-gas to her. But positions were such that they could not use either car's headlights to see her fuel cap. THEN she remembered the $1 light.

She WAS kind enough to tell the story to the rest of the family and that helped re-establish their perception my sanity -- which had been slipping steadily since I became a flashaholic.

W.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought a Propolymer 3C LED (10 LEDs) from a forum member. My intended use was for working under the car's hood (or "bonnet") at night. Well, the beam was actually broader than I would need for that purpose, so I keep a Costco 2AA in the car instead.

I now keep the ProPolymer dangling inside the house by the front door, for those unexpected night trips to lock the back yard fence or haul the cans of grass to the front curb, My yard had low-hanging branches and uneven terrain, and the Propolymer's superwide flood is just the ticket.

franken2

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
powerfuldark said:

[/ QUOTE ] hah! sounds like val kilmer in Tombstone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif