Need recommendation on Auto Insurance

arrowhead

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions for cheap auto insurance in California a bit beyond basic coverage?

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome newbie

I live in CA and have used Mercury for years. They are way cheaper than 21st Century but you need a good driving record and excellent credit (yes, they check it).

You can call any Mercury broker or AIS in So. Calif.

Marty

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Geico and so far no problems. I had to have my windshield replace and they handled everything.

Not that you asked but I would not drive underinsured. I had a friend whose son was in a one car accident with four people. No one was seriously hurt but after medical bills and court judgments it cost her about $50000. Their policy was the AZ minimum, (I think its 35000), and so they owe 15000.00 now. The point is that for just a few dollars more a month they would not be in this predicament. I think it would have cost her about 15 more a month to upgrade to a $250000 policy. I personally carry a million.

arrowhead

Newly Enlightened
I got into an accident not too long ago and I need to change insurance companes to something reasonable.

Does anyone know if AIG is any good?

arrowhead

Newly Enlightened
I just turned 25 years old recently and unfortunately got into an accident. So yeah being in Northern California my insurance is $1600 every 6 months for a new car. I'm trying to reduce the costs.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might also consider driving a different kind of car. There is a wide range of insurance rates depending on the kind of car you drive. Your insurance agent can provide more details.