Magnifying vs Naked Eye

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was about ready to go on a rant about this subject but you know what they say about teaching a pig to sing.
Lets just leave it at this;I do not look at my lights with a microscope when I describe them for sale.
Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I use a magnifying lens to read the tiny print on product ingredient labels when called upon to do so, but I don't believe I've ever examined a flashlight in the manner suggested - to look for very tiny defects or imperfections prior to sale. Not with a magnifying lens, anyway.

paulr

Flashaholic
I guess it would depend on what kind of light it was and how it was being described and sold. If it's a collector piece, which would include a fair number of the Arcs, McLux's, etc. being sold here, then yes, I'd expect microscopic scratches would be an issue.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the need for magnifying is based on the length of your arms or the focus of the lens in your eye. I am severly near sided so to see any detail with the naked eye I need the item right next to my eye ball. With my glasses that give me distant vision a magnifier kind of cancels it out so I can see it closer in detail, but they dont help much, so I use a video magnifier.

Latest posts