Spyderco multi tool--Wow!

sotyakr

Enlightened
It's unfortunate that the Spyderrench hasn't been in production for at least a year, and apparently not even in the foreseeable future. It's not currently listed on the Spyderco site.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Now that's a practical looking multitool! Says production is "delayed", so maybe we'll see more in the future?

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a fellows review of it yesterday, showin great detail how it breaks apart into two seperate tools. he put it through some pretty rigourous stuff.

nightshade

Enlightened
Pyd, they are still available, at a premium, from one particular seller on EBAY. They seller is somehow related to the engineer who made the production designs. He obtained the remaining parts and assembles them and places them on EBAY. I own and use a Spyderench. Amazing tool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Spyderco appears to be in no hurry to begin production again.

heathah

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I've been looking for one of these Spyderenchs for a long time. Anyone know why they quit producing them? What steel are they made out of? I suppose they sold pretty well considering you can't find any dealer stock anywhere.

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
heathah said:
What steel are they made out of?

[/ QUOTE ]

The blade is stamped 440c. I don't know about the body, nor do I have any answers for your other questions. Sorry.

Makarov

Enlightened
Man, that one looks great!
I own 2 Spyderco's and I like them alot. And now you guys show me a hard-to-get-and-over-the-top-expensive multitool that looks like the works. Not good for my wallet...

I Just bought myself a new Leatherman (FUSE and removable bit kit), but the lack of the file and small flathead screwdriver is a bit disapointing. (My old PST II wanted retirement, after being used and abused since -98)

Zackerty

Enlightened
Blade 440C Body 17-4PH

Its many features include: ~Full-sized locking knife blade. ~Slip joint pliers with a large and small bite. ~9/16" crescent wrench. ~Four standard sized bits (#2 and #3 Phillips head and #1 and #2 flat head) are housed inside the handle. These are replaceable with any standard size bits, even Allen and Torx. ~Long bit for "tunneled" electronic repairs features a Phillips head and flat head and is diamond coated for use as a file. ~File has a concave, convex and flat sharpening surface for deburring and honing. ~Pivot pin rotates, opening the tool to full length. ~Two halves separate allowing use of the crescent wrench and screwdriver at the same time. ~Knife can be used with tool separated or together. ~Body is investment-cast 17-4ph corrosion resistant stainless and chamfered for comfort.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one that I have had for years. I wish it had a differnt blade but I have found it to be far more usefull to me than the wave.

Having a screwdriver and a cresent wrench as seperates is very very useful.