Orb "Raw"

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Orb \"Raw\"

So for those of you who have gotten their Orb Raws, what do ya think? I really want to get one but I would like to see some reviews of pluses and minuses before I purchase. Anybody have comparison pictures or like a picture of the light in the palm of your hand?

Dan K

bajaiman

Enlightened
Re: Orb \"Raw\"

I've just got mine a couple of hours ago and I can tell you that I'm glad I bought that Lil bright sucker! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, it is the brightest (for its size), smallest torch I've got in my collection. Haven't got any pictures yet but I'll take some later on tonite when I get back home.

Anarcus

Newly Enlightened

For a good review and some nice pics try:

Cones stuff

'twas that that finaly got me registering here.
MARK IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ilikeshinythings

Read the Orb Raw thread Part 4 starting on page 11. There are pics and and there is a lot of good info., by owners, from that page on. I am waiting very impatiently for both of mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened

Yeah I want one too. I'm trying to sell/trade my Inova XO3, Inova X5 and Mag 3"D" TWOK so I can get a Raw. I used to like big lights but now i want one I can carry in my pocket everywhere. Even if it only gets 12 minutes of runtime...I could still buy a few batteries and keep one in my car and one in my room and one in my flashlight. I would like to see if I could put some o-rings in it and make it at least water resistent. Oh well perhaps in the near future! Raw thread part 4 page 11 was very insightful, thank you!

DanK

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds cool, but no matter bright, 10 min's is a little
short even for the super small balls of fire. VDG

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened

So I went over the whole thread involving the silver raw and now I'm curious to find out how much it's going to cost for a silver raw. I feel kinda bad for the Orb himeself cause it couldn't be cheap to make all them orb Raws and then not be able to sell 'em. I kinda wanna buy just the original orb Raw...My Inova has a LUX III and i've left it on for half hour straight..it doesn't even get warm to the touch. I really do not think the emitter will give off quite enough heat in the amount of time i'll be using it to be toasted. I think it's a sweet lookin little light too...See that picture next to the dude's thumb? Man it's tiny.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

After reading the review on the cones website, I am hoping more than ever mine has a u-bin lux III in it. Please, O'please, o'please!! I hope it gets here this week!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you want more runtime at the expense of a little less light, you can always put in a regular CR2.

Jeff

SolarFlare

Enlightened

113.6 lumens if ya very very lucky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Robban

Enlightened

I doubt you'll be dissapointed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The only thing I felt weird about was that my QIII on a RCR2 is very close in output (as far as my eyes can judge). Doesn't seem right but then again, it's still bright as hell for its size /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now I need to polish it and attach a lanyard to it so I can have it around my neck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened

dayyyyammmn! Man as soon as I get my other junk sold I'm gettin my hands on an orb raw. I just love the fact that it can sit in your pocket and not be noticeable to you (or anybody else..hey, is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just happy to see me??)...Woo! Go orb!

DanK

Cones

Enlightened

This is becoming one of my favorite shiny objects!

Anarcus,
You really are committed now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
voodoogreg said:
Sounds cool, but no matter bright, 10 min's is a little
short even for the super small balls of fire. VDG

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the whole concept behind it, the heck with run time, it's not your average ultility light for walking the dog, it's something that you use as a ultimate yardstick for all others are measured against...Just think of a USL that you can put in your wallet...

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just got mine. Color me impressed. Descriptions, and even pictures, don't do it justice. You have to actually hold one in your hands to fully appreciate what an elegant little light this is. Fit and finish are excellent, and it sure is a bright little sucker.
Sen_Smilewide.gif

Free

Enlightened

How long does it take to charge the battery, and can you really not leave it charging unattended?