So - are THESE the 26K LEDs?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
LCK - which I understood was the original source of the last (and very good) 26 K LED group buy - is selling 20 K LEDs cheap here . I thought the 26K's were measured at 25.5 ma, while these produce 20 Kmcd at 20 mA, so...are these the same?

They're at 10 cents each (for the moment) including shipping - may go up as auction proceeds, but still...

Does anyone know? At 10 cents, I can upgrade all my $5 CTD 8 LED Lights... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

smitty244

Newly Enlightened
Actually if you look at the seller's ebay store, here is the link for the 26K Leds - they end up at about 35 cents each though, which is quite a bit more than the 10 cent ones...

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
is the a difference in the 26K LEDS other's sell?
I bought some i really liked seemed very bright, but is there a "true" example of this LED? VDG

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a 50 lot of the 20k's and a 5pak of the 26k's (GB). I really prefer the color of the 20k's. the 26's are bright but awfully yellow. Not sayin they are all that way.
Jeff

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my order of the LCK 26,000 mcds a few minutes ago..
(PN # LCK-504WCT9-s)

Just as a "quick and dirty" test, I visually compared one randomly selected raw LCK LED running off a single 2016 coin cell I had laying around to my OLD CPF Special ARC AAA (from the first run) . Similar brightness by eye, the LCK has better color.

Dug out the light meter, and compared the LCK running off slightly used 123 battery to both the old ARC AAA and a six month old Dorcy AAA led light:

On three volts the LCK is exactly the same LUX output as the two boosted AAA lights: 20 lux from 1 meter.

Don't have a multi-meter handy at the moment to measure voltages or current draw, nor do I have a handy 3.6 - 4.0 v source to compare them better.

I'll post more results later as I get a chance to play with them some more.... But it looks like the LCK 26,000 LEDS are pretty darn good.

That they run efficiently at ~3volts, they will make for some easy mods without having to go to electronics or using 3 alkaline cells and a resistor. In fact, I'd guess that running these on a couple of L-91lithium AAs would be just about perfect.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, thanks:

I have read that thread a couple of times.... I just wasn't sure if the leds you were testing were from LCK, or that other guy that was selling them on eBay a couple of months ago... Although from the macro photo of the LED you have on that thread, they appear to be the same as the ones I got.

I thought about posting on your thread, but posted on this one specifically because it linked to the LCK auction page.

Now that I read more closely your thread, I see that you do mention LCK; Somehow I missed that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

By the way: Just for general information: Took them 16 days to get here. Not bad considering everything, but I really was expecting them in about 10 days.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 26k from LCK got here the other day.. in 10 days... lol

Latest posts