Zzz...FLAME stuck 'ON' and constantly flickers...

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Zzz...FLAME stuck \'ON\' and constantly flickers...

I thunk its broke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyone know why this may be happening? I have not dropped it (too much) and its always landed on carpet so not much jolting. Batts are all inserted correctly and are fresh.

It stays in the red LED mode and flickers like it's meant to be on the end of the cycle. I'm thinking the chip's playing up and thinks it's always near the end of the cycle, even on startup.

Anyone else had similar experiences? What should I do - haven't yet contacted the seller.

Tim.

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Re: Zzz...FLAME stuck \'ON\' and constantly flickers...

Actually, MODS, can you please move this to the LEDs area, sorry but I think this isn't quite a 'flashlight', not even generally hehe

Cheers,

Tim.

Pila_Power

Enlightened

Hmm, thanks LED - I'll try that though I thought the batts might have gone a little further than this. It has lasted a couple of months with use every night... I'll let you know what turns up tonight.

It wouldn't turn off though, even if I shook it once, to a million times. Red LED always stayed on no matter what unless I removed the batts... **confused**

Thanks again!

Tim.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine did that, and I just put new batteries in it. If you have already swapped out the batteries, then hmmm.... maybe you have one "bad" new battery.

Blades

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

The red LEDs only will be on and flickering at a Vcc of 2.497 volts.
I tested this with an adjustable voltage laboratory PSU and a DMM.

OddBall

Newly Enlightened

Sweet, thanks for your help guys. I'm back from holidays now and will get some new batts tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Latest posts