vintage cast aluminum lanterns

BOMBS_AWAY

Newly Enlightened
Hello, let me first say that I am new to CPF, and this is my first post-yyaaaaay! anyhow, I started collecting electric lanterns recantly and have a fondness for cast aluminum, I currently have a carpenter-light and 2 delta lanterns which are cast aluminum, I am looking for info on the two delta lanterns, I have seen deltas that are embossed as being navy lanterns however these are not, here is the ebay auction so you can see the pics:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4128&item=6516555667

I have since striped the paint and sanded it smooth and buffed it, it looks really cool, I was thinking of making one rechargable, maybe a car charger so I could put it in the cigarett lighter?

anyways just looking for info on it like years made, was it produced for the military (one had origonal batterys that were US army signal corps) ect.

also any info on my CARPENTER-LIGHT and my brass lantern, go here for photo:

brass lantern: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4128&item=6527057705

carpenter-light: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4128&item=6513937915

any suggestions on cast aluminum ones to look for?

help will be appreaceated
Dustin

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
As an aside, it has always struck me that when Hollywood shows someone using a flasghlight in a movie set before World War II, the beam is always WAY brighter than the beams that were available in that era. For example, the flashlights used in the search-and-rescue scene in Titanic.

Darell

Flashaholic
Welcome, Dustin -

Folling Paul's comment... and why is it that in EVERY modern movie, that the good guys AND the bad guns always just happen to be carrying M6's or some form of HID? They never have the lights on 'em before it gets dark, but presto - soon as the dark falls, they're set! And yet *I* get questioned when I carry a small light around with me in the daylight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

OK, back to cast Aluminum... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bradlee

Enlightened
Indeed, welcome to CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That would be cool adding a car charger to an old lantern! Good luck with that.

BOMBS_AWAY

Newly Enlightened
I agree, also it has always struck me as odd that one kerosene lantern or a single candle can illuminate a whole room with brilliant, bright light that never flickers, anyone notice this?

ten10

Newly Enlightened
I have just purchased a carpenter fire truck lantern that still works, and would like to place it in the hands of someone who can really appreciate it. for info and pics please contact me.
terry

Latest posts