Incredibly high output..... where?

castmem

Newly Enlightened
Hello peeps..... Total newb to the whole flashlight knowledge game.... Anyway I'll cut right to the chase... I work at one of the best known themeparks in the U.S., let alone the world. I contend alot with guests during guest control and it seems that a flashlight gives authority plus it gives you the weapon of temporary blinding for the unrully boogers. So here is the deal. I'm in the market for a light no longer than 7.5 to 8 inches, can be easilly carried on a belt in a case, can cost up to $500, and has a crazy bright beam. What would ya'll suggest for me? Thanks.

-Castmem

scudinc

Enlightened
The easiest thing would be to get a Surefire M6. It's a bit overpriced, but there are no off-the-shelf lights more powerful than it. Ginseng, fivemega, modamag, js, Iron_Man, and bwaites all make incredibly powerful custom lights, if you're willing to go that route.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
If running costs and short runtimes are not a consideration, id suggest taking a good look at the Surefire M6.

Its High output lamp puts out 500 lumens and eats 6 CR123 batteries in 20 minutes.

The M6 is expensive for sure, but thats not to say its overpriced. IMO its worth every penny i paid for it.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree on the M6, or even a M4 turbo, both are very intimidating to look at with crenelated bezels, even when they are off. M4- turbo would probally be easier to carry even in the heat of your state.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
In that size range, the M6 is the only real competitor, with the Tigerlight a much cheaper and slightly less powerful option, especially in Tiger11 guise. (One of the custom configurations made by js here on CPF.)

Bill

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF M6 with a belt holster. HOLA lamp a must. 500 lumens for 20 minutes.

A modded Tigerlight is within the same size too (slightly smaller head than M6, and the FBOP model is 8 inches.)

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a USL?

castmem - DisneyWorld?

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
markdi said:
mag hid

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is a necessarily a good idea if you need with instant on (which I assume you'd need). It's HID so it has a slow start up time.

I agree with everyone else in saying the SF M6 though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

castmem

Newly Enlightened
please pardon my ignorance, but where can one buy a mag hid light? Also, suppose I bought an m6, where can i find a belt case for it? Remeber, i must carry it on my person!

jason - Disneyland

greenLED

Flashaholic
For carrying it on your person, I'd recommend Pila flashlights, much smaller than a SF M6.

I have a Pila GL3, and absolutely love it. You have the option of LED's for low output, and blinding light too in the same light! A big advantage is the possibility of using Pila rechargeable batteries too. JSBurly's is our preferred dealer (see linky in my sig).

Wisti

Newly Enlightened
If you are looking for a flashlight with incredibly high output , have a look at the Orb Raw !
It will blind people not only temporily .

You won´t believe it until you see it .

scudinc

Enlightened
A Raw may be a good back-up, but it's not nearly as powerful as the M6. A really cheap alternative would be a Princeton Tec Surge.

<font color="red">[post title/subject changed back to the thread title/subject. It is not useful to change the subject/title in most cases. This was most certainly not appropriate. Al </font>

Topper

Flashaholic*
scudinc, Bleed for the devil??? What is up with that?
Changing the Thread title to Bleed for the devil?
please clue me in. No doubt the devil wants us to bleed
count me out on that.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

castmem

Newly Enlightened
well i got my grubby little mits on an sf M6 on the way to work yesterday. priced out at $422 including tax. Was worth every cent. Used it a few times to remove people from trees and what have you and it definatly got their attention... insane bright... I love it. Now time to locate a pouch for it to carry on my belt.

Also, still interested in a mag hid. What's the story on that?

Geologist

Enlightened
uh oh.... I think castmem may have been bitten. Quick - hide your wallet!

And btw, welcome to CPF!