Streamlight Strion vs. Scorpion LED

vancouver

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I'm new to the board here and have done a ton of reading but have a question regarding a flashlight purchase. I require a flashlight that will be used for about 4 hours a week (a little less then an hour a day of useage). After reading all of the reviews and handling both lights, I'm not sure if i should pick the sl scorpion led or the sl strion. I'm concerned about cost somewhat, but that alone wouldn't sway to choosing one over the other. Could I have some input/ opinions please?

VWTim

Enlightened
I haven't had a chance to check out the Scorpian LED, but I love my Strion. I use it only sporadically at work in the auto shop, but it's plenty bright and it's "guilt free" light. I don't worry about using up the Lithiums like I do in my 123 lights, I just throw it on the charger when I get home. THe fact I'm saving cells from the landfills sounds good to me too.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have a Scorpion, but have had a Strion for a few months, and it is a hell of a little light. I don't know of any production light that has more throw for the size. I use it for night walks on our ranch, where long distance critter-spotting is the order of the.....well, night. It is excellent for this, and has a nice, wide and perfectly round spill beam, as well---for lighting up the path.

I love my LEDs, but the incand. Strion has a very nice white beam---not the yellow tint you often see in an incand.

Finally, the icing on the cake is that's it's rechargeable. A good 70 minutes or so runtime, then fully recharged in ~2.5 hrs.

The Strion is one of my very favorite lights, and IMO, a tremendous value for the $.

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
the Strion beam isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn good.
The hotspot is nice and bright and the spill is very even.
No shadows or artifacts on mine.

vancouver

Newly Enlightened
I purchased the strion with 120 volt charger yesterday from www.botac.com for $65.00 plus about $14.00 for 3 day shipping. I'll post my thoughts when i receive it.

NightLite

Newly Enlightened
Got my Strion 2 weeks ago, best throw so far, lots of artifacts and shadows but you can really see them unless you shine it against the wall.

*Bryan*

Enlightened
I am very happy with my Strion. I have the one with both chargers and holders. I have to get a second light (one for the house and one for the car)

Latest posts