HDS EDC Basic 60

breu

Newly Enlightened
Got my light this morning! I am fairly new to lights and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of throw this little light has! Wow, I will be very happy with it, unless HDS comes out with a 80 lumen light.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Trashman said:
I heard it was going to be an 85 lumen light. Anyone know anything about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

First I've heard of it, but I hope its true.

Regarding lumens...I can BARELY tell the difference between my 42 Lumen Basic and 60 lumen basic GT. I think that until you reach around twice the lumen range, the difference is only subtle given the same reflector or optics?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
My main light. period. I carry it everywhere, other then say a big MC for super throw, i need nothing else. I do carry a couple spare's: jil lite 1.3, peak lug body, ultra power single LED around my neck on a dog tag chain, and sometimes my either my KL-1/VG FB-1 ,or E1e also on one of the VG 1x123 bodies.

(sometimes it's fun to use an incan for EDC, besides it was my first 1x123 EDC. cute, TINY in size /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif)

I would love to see a 80-85 ln light. Henry has the QC and thermal down to science. not mention a a perfect beam tint toughness etc. If ya can't tell i love this light! VDG

breu

Newly Enlightened
I was just joking about the 80 lumen light. How does the EDC compare with the surefire e2e with regards to throw? They both have 60 lumens but is an incadesent that much better?
Breu

batterystation

Enlightened
IMO the EDC has a better hot spot/spill combination. I like a bunch of the SF lights. A better comparison might be the Basic 60 against the L4. Given the 4 levels, the EDC Basic 60 is hard to beat. It has become my EDC.

cy

Flashaholic
L4 smokes my EDC basic 60 GT. not fair comparing a 5watt to a 3watt.

cy

Flashaholic
almost never use L4 in stock form.

here's KL4's wearing an E1E or CR2 tube combined with McE2S. Three lights to left (LSH-P Ubin) are part of my EDC rotation.

pic shows size diff compared to EDC basic 60 GT.

My primary EDC hanging on a neck lanyard is Li14430/CR2. then I rotate my pocket EDC depending upon duties.

pocket EDC is my bright light, it's such a pain to use EDC basic's high mode. that EDC basic has not made it into my EDC rotation.

edc rotation.JPG

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC Basic 60 has become my EDC as well considering its bomb-proof nature and that the four levels are perfect for virtually anything. I'm running it off rechargables (from BS) for "free" lumens. My only concern is that I remember reading that you shouldn't unscrew/screw threads too often on an aluminum light because they'll get damaged, but of course I'm always tempted to swap in the fully charged battery after I've used it for a while. Anyone know the best lube I could buy to protect the threads?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solstice - I've found Nyogel to be fairly good - it doesn't run, the Nyogel 759g is conductive, and it's easy to clean out of the threads if I need to.

jcciv on CPF is the one I bought it from - and I've found it works well on all my lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts