Hi first post

Dunc5

Newly Enlightened
Hi this is my first post but ive been lurking for over two years , i have a E2e sg and a 6P with a Z49 , spares holder,and swap between a P60 and P61 depending on my mood .Ive have spoke to size15's once or twice over at british blades and have learnt loads from him , one thing you guys might be able to help me with is my 6P is about 6 weeks old and ive noticed in some pics of other 6Ps that they have a caution hot surface warning on the bezal and mine does not , does anyone know why ?
Looking forward to posting and learning more.

Dunc

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome!
I wasn't aware that any of Surefires incan's had that warning on them, I thought this was on the LED's only. This may have something to do with the fact that I do not own any Aluminum Surefire Incan's (yet).. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
I do however have a G2, and it has no writing on it. But.. everytime I turn it on I hear "get that damn thing out of my eyes!"
I hope you found my in depth knowledge useful, if not hang tight, someone with a bit more knowledge will be by soon.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, Dunc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Pyd, I'm just following you from thread to thread I see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Britt

Wicho

Enlightened
Greetings Dunc5! You're going to love it here.

The newer SF lights have the warning on them. All of my A2's don't (and I just bought one of them two months ago), but my 6P does. It may be that you bought a 6P that had been around for a bit. Hey, is it a completely round body, or does it have two flat sides?

Dunc5

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the warm welcome guys .
Wicho it has two flat sides so its not an old one , i bought it new sealed in box but perhaps it had been sitting about a while .

Dunc

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sooo...you've been dippin' yer tootsies into the edge of the Flashaholic's pool for a couple years? Since you already have some classic SureFires, I'd estimate that you're ready for a full Dunc(5)ing!

Welcome and have a blast...or a rage...impact...corona... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gorlank

Enlightened
Hi Dunc,

Hope you enjoy your time here,lots of nice, friendly folks on here.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Hey dunc5, welcome to CPF, and why dontcha stay awhile!

Wow, two years is a good long time, but glad you've come out into the light!

welcome again,
daloosh

Dunc5

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:
Welcome Dunc!

That's the most likely explanation. Is the window (lens) glass or plastic?

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure but the window in my E2e sg feels more like plastic than the 6P , is there anyway to tell from the serial No. how old it is .... B06206.If you flick your finger nail agianst the 6P it makes less noise then the E2e if that makes sense .The lense is held in with a ring with 6 small cutouts/indentations around it which i think is normal.I wonder if i emailed surefire with the serial No. they would be able to tell me the year of manufacture and if its glass or plastic .Would be nice to know if you can find out the year it was made although the wife might suggest i would buy it a birthday card if i found out when it was born /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers

Dunc

Size15's

Flashaholic
The serial numbers are a means of telling one from the next. They are not linked to production data that I'm aware of.

It is likely that your 6P does have a glass window if it has a retaining ring.

Sometimes it is hard to tell (a certain way is to try and scratch it but I don't suggest you do that!). I usually have to tap with a metal object to see whether it is glass or 'plastic'.

In my opinion it is no big deal if the window is Lexan (polycarbonate) or Pyrex (glass) since they both have advantages and disadvantages. It's just extended constant-on use will generate a lot of heat and this could damage Lexan in some situations.

Al

Dunc5

Newly Enlightened
Ok so i did the scratch test and the 6P is glass but the E2e is plastic which is strange as the surefire website said it was pyrex , perhaps its because mines a sg version , pleased the 6P is glass though so i dont have to worry about the P61 getting hot .

Dunc