HOT Inova X03

vhyper007

Enlightened
Had a minor mishap last nite and had my X03 with me. Scenario: had to turn it on and leave it on for ~10 continuous minutes. It became not just uncomfortably warm but painfully hot to the touch.

Has anyone else ever had this problem with Inova. Was running duracell primary 123x2. No mods, bone stock. I don't think this can be normal. What do some of you"heads" say?

Please. I like the light but this can't be normal.

Respectfully,
vhyper007

bole64

Newly Enlightened
I have a T3, have left it on for a while, 7min maby. It didnt get hot, got a little warm, but i thought it was just from he holding it.

vhyper007

Enlightened
FOLLOW UP

I just emailed Inova re the issue I described, they said send them the light, they will send me a new one. Sounds like someone else is dedicated to providing world class service too. What do YOU think?
Inquiring minds want to know.

thoroughly,
vhyper

Bradlee

Enlightened
Service like that makes me feel even better about buying products from Inova. Glad you are able to get a new light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad to hear they are taking care of you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JohnF

Enlightened
I use my T03 for repair work, where I often have to set it down, lit, for 5-10 minutes. When I pick it up, it is quite warm, not too hot by any means, when I pick it up. Normal, I'm sure. I just wish, really wish, they would use a slight rectangular shaped head or tail so it wouldn't tend to roll around when set on a flat surface. That goes for all lights, not just Inova. Why is that?

John F

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some luxeon based LEDs do get VERY HOT. When I had the XM2, leaving them on and NOT holding them for 10-15 straight minutes would make them extremely uncomfortable to pick up. However, if holding them in the hands for the whole time, the heat seems to have a cancelling effect and keeps it only a little warm.