Got my little Jil-DD light today,

gorlank

Enlightened
I love this little light, incredibly small and handy. Snapped a couple of pics. Many thanks to Warren and Mr. Park. The fact that it's made by a fellow light enthusiast makes it all the nicer.

onej.jpg

twoj.jpg

threej.jpg

Jefff

Enlightened
man that makes me want one even more now seeing that picture.. what was total cost for it? and can you get a beam shot of it up againt the Q-III .. great looking little light
Jeff

Bradlee

Enlightened
Wow thanks for the reference pictures (funny, I have that exact same battery). They gives me a great idea of both the size of the JIL-CR2 and QIII (neither of which I have handled).

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
Still waiting for mine, but I live on the East Coast. Just for reference, (and if you don't mind telling), what state are you from?

wmirag

Enlightened
In my opinion, the Jil DD is a perfect combination of size, runtime, beam shape, brightness, and quality. For those not familiar with it, it runs on a shallow brightness curve from very bright to Arc-AAA-brightness after 15 hours, then dies at 18 hours. It redefines the term "keychain light". At $65 it's a little pricy, but if I had ONLY $65 to spend on a light, this would be it.

W.

Jefff

Enlightened
where do ya get em .. that is a very good selling point run time alone.. and how much are the cr2 batteries for it and is there a rechargable option .. I can only find the upgrade options on here for them and not the actual light to purchase.. thanks for all the input and your time

powerfuldark

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Argent60 said:
Still waiting for mine, but I live on the East Coast. Just for reference, (and if you don't mind telling), what state are you from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am from the great state of NJ. Does that prohibit me from buying one?

gorlank

Enlightened
Hi Jefff,

Here's a beam shot, QIII on left, DD on right, two feet away from a white wall.
picture quality is not that great but it does give an idea on the respective beam quality. Pretty amazing for such a little dude. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
They are sold by Warren/aka etendue on the Dealer's Corner.

beamsot.jpg

gorlank

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Argent60 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Argent,

I'm from NY, I chose the registered airmail route, I got the notice on the 13th, it showed up on the 18th in my p.o., just grabbed it today.

L

LITEmania

gorlank, Thx for info.

My thread was moved to Dealer's corner.

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
gorlank said:
[ QUOTE ]
Argent60 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Argent,

I'm from NY, I chose the registered airmail route, I got the notice on the 13th, it showed up on the 18th in my p.o., just grabbed it today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I chose registered airmail too, but I'll have to check. Or maybe it will come in the mail today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah - eTendue/Warren always seems to bring us these cool little production lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif My Jil DD came today!!! D*mn if cool lights like this don't make you feel like a little kid. It has instantly become one of my favorites. It's very nearly as bright as my 1.3w, and I got lucky with the LED color(very white). Thanks Warren.

Jefff

Enlightened
wow thank ya man for the beam shots that is very impressive.. and I think I am gonna have to buy one now for sure thank ya ..