• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Copper PTS-C & PQS-C

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
pstcopper6ra.jpg

PQS-C-Cu --> PTS-C-Cu

I have made this limited run (20x) for myself and my good friend icarus.
I have made some extra just in case there are other "extreme" modders out there.
These copper unit are almost three times heavier than their Aluminum cousins which makes them better suited for those LuxV or overdriving the LuxIII.

=== Pricing Schedule ===
PTS-C-Cu - "Perfect Tri Sink" for SO20XA reflector in MagC - Sold Out!
PQS-C-Cu - "Perfect Quad Sink" for SO20XA reflector in MagC - Sold Out!

=== Shipping and Delivery ===
US S/H for S/H is $2 for first unit & $1 for every additional unit
International S/H is $5 for first unit & $1 for every additional unit

=== Payments ===
Cash PayPal: modamag_std[at]yahoo.com
Credit Card PayPal (add 4%): modamag_cc[at]yahoo.com
Please include your CPF handle and MagLite size in the PayPal note section.
Make a post in this thread with your order list.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eh' sorry I'm out flashlight funds a too low right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif They are very tempting though and look so pretty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Later
Kelly

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif ... they look great... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif... nice picture too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
those are sweet looking!
I bet they work great! Too bad I don't have the modding skills to do anything beyond 1 emitter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

lmcmann

Newly Enlightened
I'm mixing the threads here as far as orders go. I'd like:

1 ea of the copper sinks (total 2)
$15 x 2 = $30
$2 + $1 = $ 3

1 - #1C. "Perfect Tri Sink" for SO20XA reflector in MagC - $11.02
1 - #1CO."Perfect Tri Sink" for Fraen or NX05 optics in MagC - $12.01
1 - #11C. "Perfect Quad Sink" for SO20XA reflector in MagC - $11.53
1 - #11D. "Perfect Quad Sink" for SO20XA reflector in MagD - $11.47
4 - #92. 3x IMS SO20XA reflector - $12
That's one each of the other sinks, and 4 sets of 3 (12 total) reflectors. If you have them laying around.
PP is on the way
Total price (if I have everything correct) is 127.03

If I have anything wrong, let me know.

Thanks, Larry

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif
For 2 PQS c cell sinks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Edit:
Just grabbed some lux3 R/O emitters from Photonfanatic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
BugLightGeek, with these HS's it's VERY easy to make a multiple luxeon light! Much less work, trust me!
Thse would be cool for keeping luxIII R/O's cool so they make max 570lumens for PTS, or 760 lumens for the PQS. That's 12.6W/16.8W respectfully.

Modamag: These look nice! nice and thick too. Perhaps you'll make a version for the K2 when it comes out to keep it max cool @ 1.5amps? A PTS for emitters in copper for a D/C mag would be great thermal path. (one less junction than using stars).

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Friends, I was unable to ship to everyone all the orders before my vacation.
When I get back on 06/06/05 all the remaining orders will be shipped.

Billson: This is a special run for icarus. Currently, I have no plans for D size.
IsaacHayes: I could make them, if only I have the spec for K2.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
modamag: K2 Preliminary datasheet Check that out.
My thoughts for the best K2 tri-sink would be:
1) Copper (best heat transfer)
2) Built for emitters (1 less thermal interface than stars)
3) Centering done with posts that go to the emitter case.
.a) don't have recesses for the hexagonal slug, instead:
.b) have holes drilled, and then posts inserted to let one put the emitter case in them, locking them in place.

I think that would be about as good as it gets!! And the least complexity to machine. A D sized mag has a very thin sink, but hopefully the copper could handle it. A C sized mag has room for a very thick slab, making it the most thermaly ideal host.

a PQS would work too at around 24watts of power, which should be ok as people have done multiple luxIII emitters, and even LuxV emitters with less sophisticated HS'ing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hope this info helps you, let me know what you think of my design ideas for the HS... Can't wait for the K2 to come out..

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
wquiles said:
... What is the K2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Will, take a look here . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
FMU: I got couple left of each left.

Isaac: Wow that's great info. I'll get 20x prototypes done in both Cu & Al sometime next week for the early adopters. Following your suggestions with some minor modification.

1) Copper & Aluminum ... Why have one when you can give the ppls choices /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
2) Built for emitters ... Agreed since not so "secret" design will make it as easy to install as if they were stars.
3) Centering done with posts that go to the emitter case. ... I'm still in favor of self centering mechanism. I had quite a bit of problems making my first sandwich. I think it's quite intimidating for newbie at first so I will try to make everything as easy as possible and with ZERO PERFORMANCE COMPROMISE ofcourse.

With the power consumption of 4xK2 potentially reaching 20W I will implement couple new features to the PQS to even further improve the design.

With that said, I think for the next couple days all I can think of are those Maine Lobster & Stone Crab. I'll probably forget all the designs & such after having couple claws and tails. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
So are you agreeing on the posts to hold the emitters in place or you're saying go with a slug depression like the PQS currently has?

Enjoy your vacation, I'm sure the K2 is still a long ways off. I look forward to seeing/hearing about whatever extra features you come up with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a chance to drop by the machine shop to pick up the remaining pieces. Everything was packaged and shipped during lunch. All domestic recipient should have a Delivery Confirmation email (PP account).

IsaacHayes: vacation was great. And I got something to show you here

wquiles

Flashaholic
Modamag,

If you still have them available, I would like to order one more of the 4x Copper units (PQS-C). Cash PayPal ready /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will