NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: shopping advice needed

Default shopping advice needed

Ok, what is the best buy (cheapest) in a pocket sized, yet bright flashlight. Ideally, something running off a single 123 (or similar size). I've already got the old CMG Infinity Ultra, not bright enough. Any ideas? I need it for intermittent use at work, so nothing very expensive. I already have a G2, it's too big for me to carry in my pocket. Also, I know it's about the same size as the G2, but how are the Chinese "Police" lights? The price on eBay sure is tempting ($15). Does anyone make a similar single cell product?

Default Re: shopping advice needed

Get a Nuwai Q-3

Flashaholic*

Welcome to CPF, Scottz, and why dontcha stay awhile!

Generally, those Police lights suck. I think embrtn's suggestion of the Q3 is sound, especially at around $30. From there, you want cheap, but gotta weigh that against quality. Like a SF E1L is a chunk of change, but it will last and you'll be happy. You could spend the same amount of money on Hong Kong lights and never find one you like.

Think about an Inova, too!

welcome again,
    daloosh

Flashaholic*

I'd consider the Tek-tite Splash Lite Batterystation is selling for $20 here.

Friend got it and it was about as small as any CR123 light could possibly be, and pretty white.

Welcome to cpf, Scottz

I second embrtn's suggestion. A Nuwai Q-III is incredibly bright for its size, and only needs 1xCR123A for 90 mins of runtime. You can read the reviews at flashlightreviews . You should be able to get it for about $30-$40

What's your budget like? QIII is my general suggestion, there are a lot of lights that would work out really well, but they climb in price pretty quickly. Owning a few of them, though, QIII is what I'd say is the best buy. .

I'm a lowly paid government worker (Dept. of Ag. inspector) that has to go to some dirty places. They provided me with a $5 C cell flashlight, I'd just like to carry something a little better. I was hoping to find something that I could use the $20 that I have in my Paypal acount on.

Well it is at $40, but it is a tough little light and bright enough. Small too. But i would suggest an Inova T1, or even an inova 5X white. They are small and bright, but not as bright at a G2. Here is a good Inova dealer: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5&tc=photo

A Streamlight Jr Lux is about $30, is longer than the G2, but is thinner and can clip into your shirt pocket and runs on 2AA batteries.

I 2d the SL JR Luxeon---incredible bang for the buck.

Flashaholic*

I too highly recommend the Streamlight Jr Luxeon, works fantastic using NiMH Rechargable "AA"'s.

Read about it here! http://www.brightguy.com/detail.php?Sku=STR71500

BrightGuy is a great online vendor whom a lot of us have dealt with including me...

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
    Scottz said:I was hoping to find something that I could use the $20 that I have in my Paypal acount on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that will be enough!
    --------------------
    Free E.T.

Flashaholic*

Longbow Micra, it survived 7 months with me in Iraq, my cargo pocket go to light.

OOPS! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] I was messing with my CMG Infinity Ultra....let's jsut say it doesn't like being connected to the 7.4v battery from my digicam! So, I guess for the near fture my G2will be my hi-power light. I ordered a replacement for my infinity HERE . Was this a decent deal? The reviews seemed pretty good for this model.