ARGH! Tivo is supposed to be smarter.....

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The season finally of CSI SHOULD have recorded, even though I wasn't here to tell it to.

It gets every CSI that runs on any other channel. It gets a LOT of stuff we don't want but some we do.

Anyhow, it totally dropped the ball on CSI Last night.

SO, I ask do any of you have it on VHS? And might I get it from you? PLEASE?

And Tivo gets a B- for this week.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Poor Joe!

YOu have to watch out at the end of the season. Many of the shows have started doing extra length finales, and this casues problems if you have a show that normally starts AFTER that show with a higher priority.

Example;
CSI has priority 2, normally runs 8:00 to 9:00 on channel 3
Blue Collar TV has priority 1 and normally runs on Channel 4 from 7:00 to 8:00.

If Blue Collar TV runs for an extra 10 minutes the CSI episode does not get recorded.

My wife reviews the "to do" list and history the weeks of season enders to make sure we don't miss anything. If there's a conflict we record the other show on Tivo #2, Tivo #3, one of the 3 VCRs or the DVD recorder.

Yes, we've run out of TIVOs before and had to resort to physical recording media.

Joe, If no one else pitches in I can drop that two hour CSI to DVD and send it to you. The problem is that I did not record it as highest quality, so the copy will not be great.

Daniel

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
My wife, says "What's it worth to you?" it's on her Tivo, not mine.

My Tivo is in the bedroom, Hers is in the living-room. We both claim the third, but it's status is 'toy' so we only do fluff like sitcoms and talk shows on the third.

Just kidding. I'll burn it tonight. PM me your address.

Dan

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Uh Oh! Neither my couple year old Panasonic DVD Player nor my newish HP 'puter recognize the DVD-R I was so kindly sent by Gadget /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

So I ask again... did anyone get CSI and would be able to send me a VHS of it?

I know my 'puter will handle store bought DVDs ok. But I should think my VCR will handle pretty much anything VHS...

TIA!

LukeK

Enlightened
Do you require that it be viewable on your TV? Or could you handle watching it on your puter?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
It would be very nice if the family could sit in the living room and watch it.

But I want to see it! And so I would consider otherwise.

Like I mentioned I have a roughly two year old Panasonic DVD Player, and a roughly eight month old HP with a DVD-R and CD players.

And of course three VHS VCRs....

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't know what I may have done to so seriously offend the Video Gods.

I spent almost 4 hours DLing CSI.avi

But no program on this HP will give me any more than sound only.

Please oh PLEASE if you are able to do VHS, I would be very VERY grateful!